Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

This year for Halloween I wanted to be a little creative. I feel that I have gotten a little lame lately. I am so tired, I just don't do the fun things I used to do. We didn't do one single pumpkin patch or festival. First time in years. I kept talking about it, but it didn't happen. I did do a spider pinata. The kids had fun breaking that. That was a last minute thing though. I really need to get my act together. 

Anyway, I decided to make the kids fun lunches the week before Halloween. I made them mummy celery sticks, pumpkins made out of oranges, monsters out of donuts etc. For how boring I am, this was a pretty big deal. 

Maylin was the only one that had a costume this year. It was kinda nice to have every one else be to old to do the costume thing. Maylin wanted to be the star of the Disney Channel Show, "Teen Beach Movie," but I just didn't get around to pulling it together. I was at a fundraiser for the kids' school one night and they had this amazing Belle dress up for auction. I won the auction! Lucky, or the way I feel, Maylin might not have had a costume.

It was incredible. She was happy with it and was glad to give up the other idea.  She kept telling me she couldn't believe boys were going to see her in such a fluffy shirt. Really? Already thinking about boys.



Pretty princess.


The day we did the pinata, the kids had fun raking the leaves from our yard into a big pile. They loved jumping in them and putting the dogs in them. This year is really the first year our trees have been big enough to really make leaves. 


Here are some mummy dogs I made them for their school lunches. They just warmed them up in the microwave at school. 


Maylin and I also made awesome Oreo spiders. She even decorated the filling inside. Her's were extra yummy. 


On Halloween, Alex went with a friend to do math with the math teacher and then they went over to another friend's house and worked on their science project. After that, they went to another friends' and rode her pigs and played around. Kenzie had basketball practice. SHE MADE THE SCHOOL TEAM! She is thrilled. She has only played Bball for church, so this is a great opportunity. Then she came home and did homework and helped hand out candy. Maylin and Jay and Bailey our baby dog went trick or treating. She got tired pretty quick and came home after an hour. We were in bed early. We weren't much of a party bunch. Alex got home at 10:15, so he is really our only party person here. By the way, Alex is trying out now for the bball team. He played last year so I am sure he will make it again. It helps when you are one of the tallest trying out. 

5 comments:

M3 said...

Happy Halloween!

I'm exhausted today -- trick or treating on school nights is hard on the adults, if you ask me...

Love those mummy dogs. I don't think I made even one Halloween lunch this year. Oops. I did put some Halloween candy in their lunch boxes, does that count?

Circe said...

What a beautiful dress! Winning an auction is definitely the way to go on costumes! Good job on bball...to both kids, I'm sure!

Glenda said...

Nice Belle.....

Glenda said...

Wonderful Belle of the Ball...

The Stanley's said...

Maylin you are such a pretty princess! I miss you!