Me and my honey went away for Valentine's Day weekend. Okay, it was just Friday night and we only stayed in a hotel that was located 7 minutes away from the kids, but it was our first time alone in 3 years!!! We were alone at the hospital when Austin had his surgery, technically you can't count that since Austin was there and it is a sad place to be, so this was a treat!!! We let Austin watch the kids, that is why we chose a hotel 7 minutes away. We went to a fancy restaurant, a great movie and we slept in....oh wait, we didn't sleep in. Austin called us a midnight telling us Maylin was still calling for me and he wanted to go to sleep. He gave her the phone to talk to me. After 10 minutes I asked her to give Austin the phone. She said he was asleep. Great! I had her jump on him to wake him up. It worked and finally at 12:30 a.m. she cried herself to sleep. Then Kenzie called us at 5:00 a.m. to tell us she was up and ready for her Young Women activity that didn't start until 7 - guess she was excited. Heck, we got more sleep at home. Besides all that we had a great time.For Valentine's the kids gave their class mates fun dips. Maylin loved them!!! She ate all the extras. I think her finger and tongue may be blue for awhile. Of course, daddy loved them too and was luckily enough to have Nini share. The flowers are from my sweetie. I gave him a card, but I guess I did plan our weekend.
At my kids' school, the take one week out of the year where they get to learn hands-on about some sort of subject. Last year Alex did Art. One year he did physical fitness. This year he did World Religions. They visited Buddhist, Hindu, LDS, Catholic, Muslim, Jewish and Greek Orthodox churches. They learned about their teachings and about their traditions. I went to the Hindu temple with them. It was interesting to learn about the religion, see their temple and they got to race llamas and see many gorgeous animals. The lady who taught us about Hindu, had a parrot she put down by Alex's lunch and let him eat off of his plate. She said they believe the parrot, or any animal is equal to people and the bird should be able to eat from Alex's plate. Alex was not thrilled. He was polite though and let it happen. Since they are vegetarians, they prepared for us a traditional lunch. It was very good. We learned a lot. Here are some of my favorite pictures. I videotaped the kids raci...


Comments
7 minute away - I get it! Where's my mind?