So the title should tell you this post is a downer, but like life, things can't be happy all the time. We have struggled so much the past few days with the child who has OCD. So much fighting and contention. It has made me sick. I have held it together very well and then this morning I finally cracked. I didn't yell, but I know I made matters worse. I just didn't know what to do anymore. That child left to school in tears and another one left mad at me for how I handled the situation. Wow, 2 out of 4....that's bad. I keep telling myself I am only human, but I feel so guilty. I am not sure now to act or be. And then when I find something that works, after time I get so frustrated that one day I blow it. I keep getting back on the horse, but it seems like a vicious cycle. What to do, what to do?
At my kids' school, the take one week out of the year where they get to learn hands-on about some sort of subject. Last year Alex did Art. One year he did physical fitness. This year he did World Religions. They visited Buddhist, Hindu, LDS, Catholic, Muslim, Jewish and Greek Orthodox churches. They learned about their teachings and about their traditions. I went to the Hindu temple with them. It was interesting to learn about the religion, see their temple and they got to race llamas and see many gorgeous animals. The lady who taught us about Hindu, had a parrot she put down by Alex's lunch and let him eat off of his plate. She said they believe the parrot, or any animal is equal to people and the bird should be able to eat from Alex's plate. Alex was not thrilled. He was polite though and let it happen. Since they are vegetarians, they prepared for us a traditional lunch. It was very good. We learned a lot. Here are some of my favorite pictures. I videotaped the kids raci...
Comments
I have a daughter with some sensory issues that can make mornings, or other times of day, a nightmare! I don't blog about it because she would be mortified that anyone may think she is less than perfect :) We have come a long way with some coping stragies for her but now the menstral cycle has started messing that up, too...
Give yourself a hug and then your child after school. 6 hours will have passed by then. Thanks for sharing with me. It is empowering to know that I have a friend out there who really understands.
Kim