Skip to main content

Happier days



No happy photos to post today so here are some from the beginning of the week. Yesterday we had our doctor follow up. All her test came out perfect except she does have high levels of lead in her blood. They aren't high enough that they are worried, but they are high enough that we will re-do blood work in 4 months to see if the levels are dropping. The worst is they started her immunizations. They did 4 shots, but they were a combo of 7 different vaccines. She has had a fever of 103 degrees since. I have given her Tylenol or Motrin to lower it, but it makes her vomit. So we deal with it. She is also cutting her 7th tooth. I think that is not helping things. There have been no smiles yesterday or today, just lots of sleeping and cuddling (love that). Can't wait until she is back to Miss Personality! By the way, she is 30 inches and 20 pounds 8 oz. She has grown 1 in and gained 6 oz. P.S. Thanks Nonnie and Papa for the cute outfits and toy! Nini loves it....Alex loves the toy too!







Posted by Picasa

Comments

hooli said…
Oh shots! She's going to start hating the doctor. Cooper does that, now. Figured out that's where the bad things happen. He even gets nervous when I take Mason in.
Hope you can get the fever down. One thing that works for me when my kids are teething and have a fever... popsicles. They have all fruit ones so you don't feel guilty about the sugar. Good luck.
Julia
Susan said…
I hope she is feeling better soon! She is sure growing. All of the shots are such a drag. She is still a cutie through it all.
Anonymous said…
How sad to see Maylin down. It probably breaks your heart even though you know it is for her best to have the vaccinations. I will probably cry when Emily has her turn! Maylin is so cute!
hooli said…
lol, are things looking up for m.n., yet? we've been worried.
JBF
ps -- not much longer before we're there to meet her and see the whole family in person!
Eliza2006 said…
Eliza and Maylin are almost the same size!

Tiffany

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...