I know that Memorial Day is to honor those who have served our country. Yet, I find that recently I have had several close to me pass on that may have not served our county in the traditional way, yet they definitely made the world a better place. The first is my nephew Nathan C. Nelson. He passed away in March while we were in China. He was 6 years my junior and died at the young age of 32 of natural causes. He left behind a wife and a darling baby girl. He made the world a better place by bringing his daughter into the world and by being kind to those less fortunate. He took care of animals, he made people laugh and he was adventurous. His 33rd birthday is this Thursday. The second is my sister-in-law, Jandee Davidson. She passed away 3 years ago at age 33 of cancer. She was an amazing mother of two. She worked for the head-start program and helped unwed mothers. She was always giving service and making gifts for others. We remember them this Memorial Day and are grateful for what they did for us. We miss and love them. We offer our thoughts to all of you who have lost a loved one. Happy Memorial Day!
Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...
Comments
I have thought often about how much Nathan made us laugh. He could light up a room.
I wish we could get Tracey to join the blog and post pictures of Miraya. How do we go about inviting her?