Just thought I would share something my nephew found in a paper. It explains that what a mother does during a day would qualify her for making around $140,000 a year. I read that and was impressed. However, with the events of yesterday and today, I think I need a raise. We took Maylin to her "Welcome to the U.S." doctor's appt. yesterday at the international adoption clinic at the University Hospital. The doctor was wonderful! However, due to where she is from and the lack of shots we had a lot of blood work and poop/pee tests to do. Yesterday they took the blood....and lots of it. They needed 4 viles of blood. The first attempt on the right arm produced 1/2 of a vile and LOTS of crying. The second attempt on her left arm filled the rest of the vile and LOTS of crying plus vomiting because she was so upset. The doctors said she had excellent veins she just didn't want to share. They called the IV team and they put a line in her hand and after much squeezing, begging, crying she finally filled her requirement. It took about an hour. They gave her a hospital gown because her clothes were covered in throw-up. So was I, but they didn't have anything for me, so I just stunk the rest of the appointment. They sent us home with a pee catcher bag. Lots of fun to attach and to remove. And 4 viles to catch poop in. So lets just say, I have caught 2 viles of poop so far today. What does that involve you ask? Materials needed: saran wrap, tongue depressors, official bottles and a nose plug. When the doctor was telling us what to do, Jay replied, "Good thing I work." Nice huh....
Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...
Comments