Skip to main content

There is Beauty All Around

I love Spring! There is nothing better than the beauty of the earth coming back to life and watching new friendships begin. The attached pictures are of Maylin and her new friend Gage. He lives across the street and absolutely loves Maylin. He takes such good care of her and is always bringing his toys over for her to borrow. Also, below is a picture of Austin and Maylin standing by my climbing vine. Almost lost is last year, due to a family of birds who picked apart the vines to make a nest. But after careful care, it came back and better than ever. Hey, and I saved the bird nest too!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

hooli said…
Gage is obviously a heartbreaker!
Anonymous said…
Spring is great!! I loved your pictures. Maylin has personality plus and it shows! She looks like a human dynamo...makes Emily seem calm and quiet in comparison and I thought Emily was hyper! It is so amazing to see the changes!!
See you soon :)
Glenda said…
Nini is so cute. She seems so happy, curious, gregarious.
Can't wait to see how my grandboys get on with her.
Glenda said…
Don't make me so jealous over your beatiful yard. All I have is dirt, dirt, dirt- the kind that blows away. It is really going to takes lots of hard work and lots of money to make it look decent.
Susan said…
A friend already? Anna is not quite nice enough to other little ones for that. By the way, on my blog she was saying upie for up. She puts ie on the end of everything just about!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...