Skip to main content

I have waited my whole life for this


Today, as usual, Maylin begged to go see a horse. I kept putting her off until her little friend came over and wanted to play. I thought this would be a great time to walk them to the horses. We got there and the neighbor was out. I said hi and explained Maylin was stalking her horses and we were at her house several times a week and that I hoped she didn't mind. She said she didn't and in fact would love to take the little horse lover for a ride!!! The little boy with us, summed up the day when he said, "Laurel, I have been waiting my whole life for this." My sweet neighbor (who I really don't know) let them brush the horse, and took them for about a 30 minute ride and when Maylin was tired of the little pony, she saddled up the big one. Man, talk about a good neighbor. Maylln wasn't scared at all. In fact, when it was time to go, she cried and said "more horse." So the sweet neighbor said, "I will walk you home." She walked us home, kids on the horse (by this time Kenzie and her friend were riding the big horse along side the pony and the little kids). When we got home Maylin led the horse around our yard and when the horse left, she cried for about 20 minutes. What a great day and what a great neighbor. I even didn't have my camera so she used her cell phone and emailed them to me!


 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lisa and Tate said…
I see a horse in your near future!!! That really was a nice neighbor!!! Kids are cuties!!!

Lisa
hooli said…
You are so getting a pony.
M3 said…
Oh my gosh!! I heart your neighbor. That is so dang sweet.
Sister~Mom said…
Ride em, cowgirls yehaw!
Erin said…
That is so sweet in so many ways. Very generous of your neighbor! Maylin really does seem to have a natural affinity for horses!
Lisa~~ said…
Oh what fun!! Great neighbor too.
Glenda said…
This is wonderful. What makes little girls be in love with horses? What a nice neighbor.
Anonymous said…
Wow! That looked like so much fun! When are you getting your own horses?? Maylin is pretty brave too. Em loves horses but doesn't want to venture close to them..let alone ride on their backs:)
Rachel said…
Looks like she's a natural around animals. You'll have to sign her up for 4-H.
grandma GiGI said…
What lucky little children! So sorry we weren't available when Jay wanted to get the spring horse.We'll get it to you one way or another.
Claudia said…
That is so great! Oh, how I wished for neighbors that had horses when I was growing up. Or I would take them now. When Adam and I would go walking when we lived in Springville, I would always make him stop so we could pet the horses. This was just a year ago. So yeah, I can totally relate to Maylin.
Susan said…
Wow! That is so cool! My friend has a pny but Anna would not go near it. She is so afraid of animals.
RamblingMother said…
What a great neighbor!!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...