Ladies and gentlemen, the Hill family is proud to announce..........that we have our first egg!!!!
The chickens were scheduled to begin laying eggs in the next week so Jay hurried and built the boxes for them to lay in before he left on a trip. Today we went out to fill the boxes with straw and we found our first egg!!!! Very cool. And to Kim B. here are pictures of the coop finally. Sorry it took so long! And thanks to you for all you did for us when Austin was in the hospital.
This picture has nothing to do with anything, except I colored my hair and my mother lives in a different state and wanted to know what it looks like. This is for her.
The chickens were scheduled to begin laying eggs in the next week so Jay hurried and built the boxes for them to lay in before he left on a trip. Today we went out to fill the boxes with straw and we found our first egg!!!! Very cool. And to Kim B. here are pictures of the coop finally. Sorry it took so long! And thanks to you for all you did for us when Austin was in the hospital.

Comments
The chicken coop looks great. And soon you will feel all Martha Stewart when you take the eggs out of the fridge. We get brown, light brown and green eggs. I feel like the TV cameras should be on as I am cracking my beautiful farmy eggs in the morning!
The other morning, we had an egg that had a double yolk (twins???). I was so shocked that I forgot it would have been perfect blogging material, and didn't get a photo. I'll remember next time we get a freak of nature chicken egg.
The coop is awesome. Your hens are living in luxury. Way to go Jay and Austin!
Love
Kim