
This adjustment back to normal has really been tough on my kids. McKenzie and Alex are struggling in ways that I am surprised by. Alex still won't sleep in his own room and he isn't eating much. He wants to sleep with someone. McKenzie is just cranky and wants to eat all the time. She is apparently like me. Stress equals eating. Maylin has been very turbulent. She got over how she was at first and became very lovey. She had to kiss me, hold my hand, follow me, etc. That got better and we seemed to be on the path to normal....okay, whatever normal is? Right? Anyway, yesterday Maylin just sobbed hysterically every time I would leave the room. Last night she cried out for me several times and this morning she woke screaming for me in a terrible way. Today I told her I had to leave for a minute and do payroll and she fell apart. She was sobbing. She kept saying "Don't leab me, mommy." She said this over and over again through sobs and giant tears. I would pretty much do anything for her with that sad little deal going on. I guess I am a sucker.
Austin had a follow-up yesterday. So far, so good. He will be seen in 2 months. The picture above was taken pre-surgery. We went to Idaho to see my family. I found this incredible field. Isn't she darling!
Comments
tiffany
Glad Austin is better! Kenzie is a typical female... I think we all stress eat. EVIDENCE is me!
I am sure Maylin "normal" will be coming soon....
PS -- please give me some leads on something to send Austin. I've created a whole care package for the whole family. But I'm totally stumped on what to send A. Ironic, right?