You know I am a city girl. Always have been. Granted I grew up in a smallish town, but I love the benefits of a town that can offer museums, shopping, concerts etc. I don't like my cities too big though. I love the smallness of a hometown parade where you know every single person in it. I guess that is why I love where I live. I live 25 minutes from a large city and 10 minutes from all the museums, shopping etc a person could want, yet my little suburb is small enough to only have 1 school and one store. But lately, I could go for a move to the farm. I can't even begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed the little farm we have created on our one acre. The kids enjoyed the weekend picking grapes, sunflower seeds, raspberries, pears, peaches and of course they love collecting the eggs. This morning before church Austin said, "I love our little farm." It warms my heart to hear that. This weekend was filled with canning peaches and tomorrow will be filled with bottling pears and making frozen fruit cocktail. I would say however, the double yolked egg was the biggest hit! From the moment the kids saw how big that egg was, they knew it had to be special. And it sure was!







Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...
Comments
Good grief you put me to shame. Your photo's are beautiful and I'm glad you are enjoying all the hard work of the summer. You and the Brown's with those double yolk eggs! Yet one more thing you have in common.
:0)
Tiffany
I can't wait to try some of those grape in a couple of weeks, if you still have some then.
And, I commend your bravery with the double yolk egg...there must be something in the water around here, but great job on getting photos and all!
Kim