When the kids went back to school, I was worried about what Maylin would do with her time. I mentioned in my last post I had gone gymnastic class hunting. This came to mind because when we watched the artistic and rhythmic gymnastics during the Olympics, Maylin had to mimic the girls who were on TV. This seems to be a natural interest to her so I followed it. Today we attended a trial class which happened to be a mom and tot class. And no, the moms did not do the gymnastics. I know some of you out there where thinking that the words Laurel and gymnastics together are an oxymoron. The parents just did the warm up, played some of the games and sang with the kids. We also helped spot the kids when learning skills. It is very low key and a lot of fun. It is only once a week for 45 minutes. Here are some pictures of Maylin following along with the Olympic athletes. The last picture is of her being tired. When she finished her "routine" she flopped down and said, "tired mom."
Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Comments