We have officially joined the do-it-yourself haircutting club that seems to be popping up among toddlers. Today Maylin found the scissors I have been looking for for months and cut her own hair in a matter of 1 minute. I am not kidding you. Maylin had just gone potty, I wiped her and turned to clean her potty out. She was really only out of the room a minute. I came walking out of the bathroom and she was in the hall with the scissors. I asked her where she got them and her reply was "cut hair, mom." I said no way. And she pointed to the pile of hair she was standing on. Apparently she was trying to hide it. Sheesh....She had to have had those scissors hidden herself somewhere in the hall. So to Emma, Eliza, and Talicee we have joined your group...Maylin more happily than me. Also to our dear friends Sam and Becky White, congrats on your referral!!! They have a darling daughter that is only 7 months old!! Yippee!!
Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Comments
Too funny. I think all kids cut their own hair at some point. I remember when I taught preschool. I had a girl with really fine hair come in two braids. One of the kids sitting next to her, cut one of her braids off with the kids fisker scissors.
Anxious to hear. What a girl!
Maddie cut hers SUPER short and then LOVED the cut, so from about 3-4 Maddie had the short boy kind of hair, luckily she is so beautiful that everyone always knew that she was a girl!
And, of course Pearl came home from China with a buzz cut. She now is growing it out as long as she can!
Can't wait to see the photos of Miss Maylin and her new do!
Kim