Skip to main content

Halloween 2008

Kenzie goes as a pretty gypsy.

Maylin wears the same costume as last year...hey, it still fit.

Austin has two costumes. A mariachi band member while taking Maylin out, and as his friend Nathan to a school party. He copied him pretty well, huh?!


Alex the cow!

Jay goes as Batman. It was really quite funny how much he enjoyed the costume. He walked around totally in character. He wanted me to go as Wonder Woman...no such luck tho'. I am not as outgoing as I use to be. Isn't he super heroish?


After trick or treating, Maylin spends her time holding the candy bucket, watching out the window for more kids.

Comments

grandma GiGI said…
McKenzie: Beautiful girl! beautiful costume.
Austin: Cool
Alex: Just wondered if he knows cows are to be milked everyday.
(funny.)
Jay: Well........(such a good sport)Love it!
Valorie said…
What fun pictures. Laurel, you always take great pictures, I think I will hire you to follow my family around and snap shots here and there. Jay makes a good batman, I will look for him in the next movie. And you'd make a great wonder woman, next year I want pics of that.
grandma GiGI said…
ooops! missed Maylin: darling as ever. Love her too!
Laurel, I love the costumes! I secretly have always wanted to be Wonder Woman, I think that you should go for it!

Wasn't it awesome that the weather was so good last night? We had a few rain sprinkles, but overall a warm evening with some great trick-or-treating.

Kim
Anonymous said…
All are too cute, and way to go Jay.
Lisa and Tate said…
What adorable custumed kiddos!!! Oh and the adult Batman....

Kenzie.... I am a gypsy at heart. Glad you are too!

Lisa
M3 said…
Cute costumes!! And I love that Maylin was really into handing out the candy. R&M were too, which kind of surprised me.
Anonymous said…
Those costumes are great! Any Maylin still looks cute in her costume. Funny she waited at the door. We would love to see you. Let's figure out a day that works!
Anonymous said…
Oops..should have been..and she looks cute in her costume...not any! So much for typos. McKenzie's picture was pretty!
Rachel said…
Great costumes! So did you not dress up? I love the Batman. Devin would never do that.
Erin said…
You all have fabulous get-ups! What a fun family you have! I am so glad Halloween is over.. aren't you?
Claudia said…
What is it with dudes and dressing up as Batman? Jay and Cooper...how many more "closet" batmans are out there?
Susan said…
Great costumes! Kenzie is beautiful, I love the udders on the cow, and Batman is so cool!
The Stanley's said…
My favorite picture is of McKenzie and Jay! Love it.
Everyone looks happy! That is the best part!
Anonymous said…
That was awesome!!! Everyone looked WONDERFUL!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...