So the title should tell you this post is a downer, but like life, things can't be happy all the time. We have struggled so much the past few days with the child who has OCD. So much fighting and contention. It has made me sick. I have held it together very well and then this morning I finally cracked. I didn't yell, but I know I made matters worse. I just didn't know what to do anymore. That child left to school in tears and another one left mad at me for how I handled the situation. Wow, 2 out of 4....that's bad. I keep telling myself I am only human, but I feel so guilty. I am not sure now to act or be. And then when I find something that works, after time I get so frustrated that one day I blow it. I keep getting back on the horse, but it seems like a vicious cycle. What to do, what to do?
Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...
Comments
I have a daughter with some sensory issues that can make mornings, or other times of day, a nightmare! I don't blog about it because she would be mortified that anyone may think she is less than perfect :) We have come a long way with some coping stragies for her but now the menstral cycle has started messing that up, too...
Give yourself a hug and then your child after school. 6 hours will have passed by then. Thanks for sharing with me. It is empowering to know that I have a friend out there who really understands.
Kim