Skip to main content

A family hike

We had some family visit us this past weekend, so we took them on an afternoon hike. It was a great day in the valley, but when we got to the canyon it was a cool 62 degrees. It was cold at first, but after we got going it was great! The cool weather ended up being perfect. We enjoyed the fall leaves that had begun to change colors. Maylin was so proud of herself because she "walked all by myself." She did have a two minute backpack ride from Alex, but she really enjoyed doing it herself. The kids loved the stream and the waterfall we hiked too. We had a picnic afterward and it tasted delicious because we were so hungry. The last 5 minutes of the hike, Maylin was tired and I carried her, only to have her fall asleep. The last bit of the hike was quite the workout for me! Hopefully I burned off all the Macadamia chocolates I had eaten earlier. Man, those things are SO good.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

Maylin trying to keep warm.
 

 

Comments

Rebecca said…
I love the pictures they are great. Kenzie looks so grown up she is beautiful!
M3 said…
Ah those macadamia nut chocolates are just irresistable, aren't they? I can eat an entire box myself, and actually get a little snippy if the girls try to snatch one.
Anonymous said…
I love macadamia nut chocolates as well. Can't buy them though...they go straight to my waist! Congrats to Maylin for hiking by herself:) Em needs to do that:) Beautiful hike.
Lisa~~ said…
Mmmmmm, macadamia nut chocolates. Looks like a beautiful hike and way to go Maylin for walking most of the way yourself!
Rachel said…
We missed you this weekend. But are glad you had fun with your guests. Your kids are so grown up.
The Stanley's said…
I want to know where this hike is? Kenzie your hair is way cute! Take us along next time!!
Claudia said…
What canyon did you hike in? It looks beautiful! Glad you had fun with your family!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...