Skip to main content

Chinese New Year

The Brown's invited us to their county's Families with Chinese Children celebration. We were so glad they did. We had a great time. We had a potluck dinner (everyone brought homemade, but me), a dragon parade, lots of great crafts and fireworks. Everyone had a great time!
 

 

 

 

Maylin loved the evening until after the parade. She started to get a bit nervous and asked to go home or to a different party. It was funny, about that same time several of the kids started to get emotional or nervous. We went out to the fireworks and the noise made her nervous, but the rest of the kids loved it. By the time the fireworks were over, she was excited again and back to her normal self. Maylin made plenty of crafts and loved playing in the dragon heads.
Posted by Picasa


Watching the fireworks. You can tell Maylin doesn't like it. After a few minutes, she ran to me and asked to go in.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a fun CNY with dragons, parades and even fireworks. Can't blame Maylin for not liking them! Probably a bit scary when you're three.
Lisa and Tate said…
Looks like so much fun!! I had planned on going... until I realized I worked until 5pm and would not have been there until 6:30 or so with a cranky child. I will plan on this next year for sure!
Glenda said…
I can't believe how amazing this party looks...the host family must just be fabulous and fantastic!
Lisa~~ said…
Looks like great fun and watch out for that Brown family, they know how to find all the good parties ;-) I love Maylin's bobbed hair, I know it's been that way for a while but it just looks so adorable on her.
I'm so glad that you came. And I apologize for my grumbling about Hillary and all that! It helped that Maddie told her that Austin and Kenzie were there along with Alex another teen friend :)

Grace has been a mess since, though. She broke out in hives and vomited on the way home. Hives again Sunday and yesterday at school. It's nerves. It's an annual reminder for us. Pearl on the other hand comes away so happy and loves the parties.

I'm so sad that I have to miss you this week and on Monday!

Kim
Claudia said…
Looks like a great party!
I borrowed the firework watching pic for our blog. I didn't even make it outside with Grace.

Kim
Rebecca said…
Looks like so much fun! So glad that you keep Maylin up with her heritage, also makes for a lot of fun for your family
Looks like fun. We have postponed our dinner twice already. Hopefully we will get to have it on the 20th. The snow has got to go and my kids have got to go back to school.
Susan said…
Are you going to Crice's party? Do you want to ride together? I just posted my first picture in my blog in about a year! I'm so out of it!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...