Skip to main content

Time with my boys

While Kens and Jay were gone, Alex felt like he was getting the raw end of the deal this year. I can understand that. His brother has been to Mexico and Israel and his sister has been back East. I totally understood his feelings. SO! Austin and I took it into our own hands to make him feel better about his position in life. We made sure we had fun while the two were away, on yet another vacation.

First, we went to a movie. We saw Prince of Persia. I even got a sitter for Maylin. It was great. We also had a camp out. Which is HUGE for me. I hate the whole, no bathroom, no lights, no modern convenience thing, but since we decided to camp out in our yard next to our stream, I was game. Heck, it was only several feet from modern conveniences. To start the night off we hit Subway. Then we built a fortress around the tramp so we would stay dry and warm. Then we built a fire and roasted marshmallows for smores.

We played games under the tramp and ate snacks. It was so fun. Maylin slept by Austin, I slept by Alex. It was warm and the fortress protected us from the rain that came. The only disturbance that came was the cat. Our Whiskers found us at about 4 a.m. He played with the chip bag and blankets until he had woken all of us up. At that point, Maylin and I had to make a potty run to the house. We all quickly went back to sleep, but struggled to stay warm after that. We woke around 8:30 and went in for a homemade egg and pancake breakfast. It was really great to spend time like that with them.

We also went swimming, mini golfing and go-cart racing. At the mini-golf place Maylin spent more time dancing to the music being played over head than golfing. When we would count her strokes and tell her she had 6 she would say, "No. That's not enough. I had 18." I think she thought the bigger the number the better. Alex lost his ball, but still came out the winner. Austin was totally last. Even behind Maylin. It was a really fun week. Of course, Maylin charmed us too with her new "I am a fairy" game. Always the user of her imagination! 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Valorie said…
You are a totally cool mom! My kids would say you ROCK! What wonderful fun memories you are making with them. I can't believe you camped out with them!
grandma GiGI said…
What a mother! The kids will never fprget those times. Gee...it makes me feel like a failure.
Circe said…
You get extra points for this one! I bet the kids will remember this as one of their best moments with Mom. Fun!
Anonymous said…
What a great mom you are! I take notes whenever I read your blog. That looks like so much fun:)
The Stanley's said…
That is the coolest fort I've ever seen. We want to come have a campout in your yard! What a fun memory.
Dione said…
So, is your camp site available the last week in June? ha ha

What an awesome mom you are! I just love you!
hooli said…
Glad to see you are getting use of your food storage barrels.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...