Skip to main content

Birthday TIMES two!

The partying began on the 4th....a day before Maylin's big day. Grandma and Grandpa were coming in town for a bit and stopped to have an early b-day lunch! Maylin and I spent the morning making 5 little mini flower cakes. They turned out so cute and they were delicious, as you can see from Maylin licking the beaters clean. It was great to see the grandparents too!

Yesterday, March 5th, the birthday party got underway. Maylin was first to celebrate with breakfast in bed made by her siblings! She thought she was so special. A few moments later, we checked on her only to find her playing Barbie's on the floor and the dog enjoying the breakfast. She said she wasn't hungry and he was!


 

 
Later that evening we took the girls to Tucano's. This is a Brazilian restaurant. Kenzie picks it every year....this is the 3rd year running. She won't eat meat and it is a big meat place, she solely goes for the grilled pineapple. The girls had a blast and loved it when they sang to them and let them dance and play the tambourine. The boys came too this year. Alex loved the sausage. Austin liked everything until he ate a chicken heart....he said after that everything tasted like iron! It was a blast tho'. After the restaurant Maylin opened presents. She got a Barbie scooter and clothes!
 
Sunday was Kenzie's turn to celebrate. She also had breakfast in bed. She had bright blue pancakes as that is her favorite color. After breakfast, she opened gifts (clothes, and a new phone)and that evening we had family over for dinner and cake and ice cream.
 



I made Maylin a Barbie cake. Kenzie had her first one at 4, and I just remembered I did that so we are starting it a year late for Maylin. I had planned on making Kens the cute purse cake, but then she said she wanted a pig cake. I have no clue why she would want a pig cake, so I did both. They turned out pretty cute. I do have to say that the pig looks a bit demented. Oh well.

I have been thinking so much about how grateful I am to have my girls. They are priceless! I love them so much. I can't believe one is 5 and the other 15. I am a lucky mother to have them. I certainly wish I could do a few things over, but I hope they realize I am not perfect I am just doing my best.I also have been thinking about Maylin's birth mom. I have been wondering what she is thinking and feeling over this special day. Knowing how much I love my girls and want the best for them, I am sure she is hoping the same for the little girl she gave birth to.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

M3 said…
Happy birthday sweeties!!

Love those cakes!
Valorie said…
Happy Birthdays!! Love the cakes and the breakfast in bed tray! I want to have a birthday at your house.
Nate said…
Happy Happy Birthday to kenzie and Maylin!! I loved to see the celebrations and the Barbie cake.
Lisa~~ said…
Happy birthday to two special gals! Laurel you are one cake making queen!!
Rebecca said…
What a great mom you are! You always take such great care of your girls, and your whole family! You are always so calm and collected and on top of everything! I think I should rub shoulders with you more often, I am feelin like a quick game night here in the next couple of weeks, maybe you and Kenzie and Jay or I could invite others over as well! Glad to hear things are doing well with you!
The Stanley's said…
McKenzie--15!!! This is really hard for me to accept. : )I remember when you were born! Happy Birthday from all of us.

Maylin you are a sweetheart. We are all very thankful to have you in our lives. Happy Birthday to you too!

Great girls-just like their mama.
hooli said…
Is there a reason you make maylin eat off mckenzie's plate on her own birthday?

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...