Went away for Spring Break. Just for a few days because of Jay's work, but man....it was awesome. The snow followed us until 1 hour from our destination and then all we were left with was PURE SUNSHINE!!! It was so great. Our first day, we just stayed around at the house, ate great Mexican food (The kids ordered the grande meals....they were GRANDE! Plates bigger than two heads. Lot of left overs.), and swam. We also saw the movie HOP, it was so great. Maylin fell asleep during the first 15 minutes. It wasn't that it was boring...it was great....it was because we went to the 9:45 p.m. movie. What else should I have expected, but we were trying to cram something into every minute of our time.
On day two we went to a great state park. We took some incredible hikes and enjoyed climbing on the rocks. Of course the kids enjoyed going high, and I enjoyed being nervous. I did get brave and I climbed into a hole in the rock myself.....okay, so since you can see the side walk at the bottom of the picture I guess you can tell it was only 2 feet off the ground, but still it was fun. Here are a few pictures of day two. We packed a lunch and had a fun picnic. We are still trying to get the red sand out of our shoes.


We all thought this rock looked like the one in Lion King where Simba and Nala held their baby up so everyone could see.
In keeping with the Disney theme, Austin thought this rock looked like the rock from Little Mermaid. See his impression?
This rock looks like an elephant. Pretty cool. Should we call it Dumbo? Heh hee heh
We even saw a mountain goat running up the rocks. He stopped for awhile and we got to have a good look. It was so cool.
On day two we went to a great state park. We took some incredible hikes and enjoyed climbing on the rocks. Of course the kids enjoyed going high, and I enjoyed being nervous. I did get brave and I climbed into a hole in the rock myself.....okay, so since you can see the side walk at the bottom of the picture I guess you can tell it was only 2 feet off the ground, but still it was fun. Here are a few pictures of day two. We packed a lunch and had a fun picnic. We are still trying to get the red sand out of our shoes.

This rock looks like an elephant. Pretty cool. Should we call it Dumbo? Heh hee heh
Comments