Alex was at boy scout camp a few weeks ago so I took the girls out on a few adventures. One day we went to this awesome little cafe. It is in a little house and furnished in antiques and the walls are pink with little white curtains with pink rose buds on them. The food is very girly. I have only seen a couple of men there and I am sure the wives made them be there. Its not a steak and potato place at all. It is a quiche, fancy salad, soup and fancy sandwich place. I mean they are gourmet, darling and REALLY good. Just not a man's place, it you get what I mean. The desserts are incredible.....darling too. After our incredible lunch; Maylin had fire roasted tomato soup with a turkey, avocado sandwich. I had an awesome Thai chicken won ton salad with a cheese, sprout and I don't know what else pile of goodness. Kenzie had a quiche with a salad with pears and Gorgonzola cheese...... we all had desserts and that is desserts with 3 s's. Maylin got this Chocolate Mousse cake that is pictured below. It was DIVINE. Kenzie had two cake pops, a mint brownie and a sugar cookie. I shared with everyone. Seriously. It was sooooo good.
Here is a picture of the best cake ever.....I really didn't know mousse and cake could be put together like this. Fortunately, it can.
A couple of days later, the girls and I went to Red Mango for our favorite yogurt. We love the original with fresh kiwi or strawberry or mango on top. Yum. Then we went on a hike to the Battle Creek falls. It was only 1.5 miles round trip. Of course, we went at the hottest part of the day so it was 97 degrees when we went. Luckily it was short and luckily there was a falls to cool off in. It was short and fun. Maylin struggled in the heat. Thank heavens Kenzie was up to giving her a piggy back ride for some of it.
The view upward.
The stream.
Taking one of her many breaks.
What a nice sister Kenzie is!
The view downward.
The splash or spray from the falls felt incredible! We enjoyed it so much.
Yes, I hiked it in a skirt, but it was cool. You can see how wet it got from the spray. It was awesome. Maylin wasn't really thrilled with the spray, but she did enjoy wading!
Comments