I was lucky enough to drive a load of kids for the second grade science field trip. They went to BYU's science center to look around and have a presentation in the planetarium. I had to laugh about the car ride. On the way there, all the kids told knock knock jokes that did not make sense at all. That was pretty funny, but to hear how the kids would laugh as if they actually did make sense was the BEST. On the way home, they told scary stories. Most of those didn't make sense either, but they all loved it.
The science center was pretty cool. Here is Maylin and the other 3 kids I had in my car. She is annoyed at me in these pictures because I took another girl's picture before hers. Oh! To be 7.
We learned a lot about the sun and the different planets. The kids loved the moving screen and the awesome stars.
Here we are down in the science center checking out all the cool displays.
Lunch break!
She loved all the hands on displays. My favorite comment from Maylin was when we were walking past the art museum on campus. There are many modern art sculptures in the lawn area. As we passed one, she said, "What is that?" I said, "It is a sculpture. It is art." She said to me, "That doesn't look like art! Are you kidding?" I thought it was so funny. True too. It didn't look like art to me either. The college student next to me just died laughing and said to me that he loves it when kids just tell it how it is!
Comments