Skip to main content

Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons- Jim Bishop

Before the weather turned cold, I wanted to go up into the mountains and see the beautiful fall leaves. We took a Saturday and drove to Payson and went to Grotto Falls. It was a seriously short hike.....maybe .5 miles both ways. But it was awesome. The trail wound around a creek and there were fun bridges to cross and the colors were awe inspiring. We loved it. Not one person complained. Alex had a wonderful time taking pictures and shaking trees trying to catch a picture with falling leaves. Maylin loved having the puppies there and the other two just enjoyed everyone's company. I took some great shots. My favorite are of the kids plus our good family friend doing "Awkward Family Photos." They were hilarious.

Afterward we drove to Springville and found the Waffle Love Food Truck! Oh my heavens! Heaven in a waffle!



We start the hike. Thought I better take a picture in case the smiles left, but they got bigger as the day went on! Good days.

Beautiful!



Love how the puppies just follow right along.



Grotto Falls

Alex deciding he needed a picture from the top. It was a harder climb than he thought.


 Coming down, required help from dad. He didn't want to hurt the camera. He got some amazing shots.



The gang above.....me, kinda tired of Alex taking my photo every second.

Alex, throwing leaves into the shot hoping it would recreate "falling leaves."



My favorite shots! Nothing better than this sweet girl with her puppies. 


Love her!


Alex in action.....the fall maker.


Making a leaf angel.



Awkward family photos.

Jay gets on top of the bridge to recreate falling leaves. It doesn't work well. He drops them in a clump. It was pretty dang funny. 




These are some of my favorite Awkward Family Photos.




Austin with his leaf cloth, kills me.











Comments

emma nelson said…
Your family fun will always be remembered by your kids. Keeps them all close to each other and to you.
Such great pictures.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...