I love spending time with Maylin. She loves it too. Its nice to have someone who still appreciates being with mom. The other kids are at the ages were they are too busy or too grown up for me. I am the leader in our church over the girls who are 8-9 years old. We do activities twice a month at my house and I teach them cooking, cleaning, painting, fitness, health, how to serve others (we do great service projects), how to study better etc. Maylin loves it. Even though she turned 10 and is in another group, she just can't stop coming to mom's too. I love it! Here is the activity where we made baths salts with essential oils and cookie bouquets for our moms.
I also am Maylin's room mom. She loves that I do all her class parties. She loves it that I just come hang out sometimes. I am a substitute teacher for the local public schools and for her private school. She loves it when I sub for her school. I even got to sub once for her class! She was over the moon. The pictures below are of some of the class parties we did - like the Secret Garden book party, to celebrate finishing the book. Also, I hang out one recess with her and we played jump rope. She was pretty impressed I could actually jump.
She is my sweet little angel.
Comments