Skip to main content

Chicken Time

The first chickens we got are now full grown. I know you were all wondering about that. Ha Ha. These are the youngest chickens. The kids love them at this age. The one Kenzie has on her shoulder loves her to pieces. When the rest of the family goes near it in its coop, it runs, but when Kenzie comes to the coop, the little bird recognizes her and goes right for her. Weird. At first Maylin didn't know what to think about the chick on her "showda", but then she warmed up to it. I didn't like the idea of germs so everyone got an extra good scrub down with antibacterial soap. Also I watch American Idol for the first last night. Yep people. The first time. I never have time to watch it. By the time the kids are gone, it will probably be off the air. I am sad about who won. I was going for David A.He did great last night...at least in my opinion.
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pretty tame chickens...and kids!! We are still praying for you!
Eliza2006 said…
Cute kids with their cuddly chickens ;)

You stinker! I'm watching AI right now! I kind of thought it was going to be the other David.

Tiffany
Eliza2006 said…
Hey, can we come see your chicks some time?

Tiffany
hooli said…
First let me just get this out of the way... I LOVE Kenzie's shirt. Seriously, where did you find that?

I love your chickens. I love that you went for it and bought chickens. It is so you. While I will probably never own any chickens... I find myself trying to be more and more like you... farmer loll
grandma GiGI said…
The kids and chicks are darling! but next thought....I just hope they don't do their do when they're sitting on their showda! !
Lisa~~ said…
Cute with the chickens, what fun!
Lee has requested a pic of the completed chicken coop (or condo). Our hens are really needing an update and Lee really needs some incentive!
Eggs are just around the corner for you guys!
Kim
Tina said…
So cool! I SOOO want some chickens!
Claudia said…
So if these are the little chickens...what is the status of the BIG ones? More importantly, what are your PLANS for the big ones? dum, dum, dum....Need my recipe for chicken pot pie?
Susan said…
I love how she say's "showda". What cute chicks! Anna would run screaming, she hates animals! I wonder if she would go into histerics at the zoo or just get used to it.
Sister~Mom said…
I know I wanted David A. Cute pics

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...