Skip to main content

A very long week.

This week seems to have lasted a lifetime. It seems more happened in one week than should happen in a person's life. First things first and then we will end on a happy note. Austin has been very ill this week. It was funny, on May 5th the doctor said we could put off surgery until August because Austin was feeling so well. Guess it is true when they say, "When you say something out loud you jinx it." By last Saturday, Austin's health went downhill. We were playing kickball as a family and Austin couldn't run at all. He said he was too tired and his heart was pounding in his head and neck. By Sunday, he was feeling more tired and he had his first migraine. Monday was a pretty good day, but by Tuesday we had migraine number 2 that didn't end until Friday. He also had bloody noses in the night. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, he blacked out several times. Thursday at an after school party, he called me because he was too tired to do anything. I picked him up and he was in tears, feeling frustrated that he couldn't keep up with his friends. We were going to go see my parents for the weekend, but a quick trip to the doctor on Thursday led to the advice from our doctor that we go no where. Friday was a good day except the doctor put him on a heart monitor. Saturday he was tired and Sunday, today, he had 2 black outs. My mind is completely focused on this child. What does his future bring? My mind and heart and my voice are continually in prayer. Okay, I have cried enough. On to some happy things. Austin keeps telling me to be happy. What a wise boy. School ended. Here are a few pictures of the kids at school.
 

 

 
I am so grateful my kids could go to this private school. What they learned academically and spiritually was priceless. Thanks to their good teachers. Austin's teacher prays for him daily. A mother couldn't ask for a better teacher. This last picture is of Maylin. She is asleep, but still trying to eat. I included this picture, because she looks just like I feel at the end of this very long week. Happy birthday to Kathy, Cavin and Glenda. Sorry we didn't get a card out. You weren't forgotten, just overtaken for a moment by our concerns with Austin. We hope you had a great day.
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin said…
Oh Laurel, I don't know what to say. I am worried with you. I hope and pray that the doctors can resolve this soon, and help your sweet and brave Austin to feel better. He is going through so much. I know you and Jay would go through this in his place if you could. I am just praying that you will be able to find answers. I really do believe in miracles, Laurel. We have experienced SO MANY, as I know that your family has. Please contact us if there is anything, ANYTHING that John and I can do to help in any way. I am so worried. My heart and prayers are with your family. Would you mind if I put this on my blog, and ask others to pray as well? I am praying as I type.
Claudia said…
I, like your friend, don't know what to say either, other than you are ALL (but especially Austin) are in my prayers. You are such an amazing family, and pray that you will all be strengthened at this time.
Lisa~~ said…
I'm so sorry to hear how sick Austin has been, please know that I am sending good wishes his way daily. I hope that soon he is feeling better.
shelley said…
What a horrible time for you. Lifting your family in prayer here in Texas. Precious Austin...someone will find an answer.
Laurel, I am praying for you, for you to have the strength to do all of this and of course for Austin, that the doctors may be guided to help him and that his health may improve. Please keep us posted on what the Dr. H and the cardiologists decide to do...it's looking like earlier than August??
Kim
Lisa and Tate said…
Prayers for Austin.... I am in tears and just do not know what to say. Must be sooooo hard!

Huge Hugs
Lisa
M3 said…
Oh Laurel I am so sorry to hear this! I'm thinking about you guys all the time and sending good thoughts and lots of hugs your way.
Eliza2006 said…
Laurel,
What a rough week. Austin will be in my prayers as well. I am here if you need me for anything...really!
I love the pics of your kids. Especially the one of Maylin "eating"!

Tiffany
Anonymous said…
We are praying for Austin. Please let us know how to best help. Austin is so brave and such a good person. He is one of my heros! I learned to really love and appreciate him in China.
We love your family!
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
So sorry to hear about Austin's struggles. Sending thoughts and prayers your way...
hooli said…
We're thinking of you and hope all future updates on Austin's health include a big smiley face.
Is it time for another girly calendar?
Kate said…
Hi there, I have found your blog via your friend, Erin. I just wanted to say that I have your gorgeous Austin in my thoughts. Hugs

k8
Sister~Mom said…
Very sorry about Austin! Hope things are looking up for all!
Sending Love and hugs!
Susan said…
I feel so bad that I haven't been keeping up on everyones blogs. I am so sorry he has been so sick and I can only imagine the heartache you are having for him. I will pray for him!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...