Skip to main content

Happy Chinese New Year!!


A Chinese New Year Party! What fun. We met a lot of new people. It was so great to see all these little girls together. Thanks to Circe for having us all over. Please click on the collage to enlarge. There are too many cute pictures not to see them close up.

 

Maylin and Emily. These two have been friends since China. Maylin needs to slow down on the growth or Emily will need a ladder to play with her.

 
Our version of the "red couch".

 

Maylin, Emily and Anna showing off the Valentines they made.


On the car ride home...Anna and Maylin get silly with their hearts.
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your pictures! It was so fun to see you today. I really miss talking with you. Happy Chinese New Year or Gung Hay Fat Chou or however you spell/say it!
Valorie said…
Wow. Love the picture of them all lined up on the couch. How fun.
Dione said…
I want a Maylin! How blessed your family is to have her. And how blessed the United States is to have all these sweet girls! They're beautiful!
Anonymous said…
i love that you have kept the girls in touch! How precious they are!
Lisa and Tate said…
Great pics!!! It really was a funtime! Wow... has Maylin grown! With the new haircut and size it has hard to recognize her from last year!!!
M3 said…
Wow that looks like a fun time. Awesome couch photo too!

Hey can you send me an email (at the addy listed in the sidebar of our blog), I just went to send you one and didn't have your email address.

Cheers and Happy New Year!
MM
Circe said…
Every picture is adorable!! I'm so glad you and Maylin came. It was so much fun. I might not wait a year to invite you all again!
Rachel said…
How fun! It's so great that you get all the girls together. They're so cute.
Susan said…
Love the last photo. What characters they are!
Laurel,

I know you have been celebrating already, but if you are interested, we are having our Utah County Chinese adoptive families CNY celebration this Saturday. It would be fun to see your family. Let me know if you want details :)

Kim
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
That's cuteness overload! Wish I would have been free that day. Emma had school and I had signed up previously to help in the classroom that day. Would have been so fun to see you all.
Shauna said…
What a fun thing to do! Those girls are all darling!
The Stanley's said…
They look like dollies on a shelf. What a wonderful experience.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...