Skip to main content

Just give them a second.

In the world of toddlers, a second is like an hour. Truly, I believe that in just a second a toddler can destroy, change, alter a room, a house, a world. Well at least my toddler can. I make bread weekly for my family. I keep the regular flour in a canister on the counter, but because my bread flour is in a 50 lb bag, it is kept in a 6 gal bucket in my coat closet, just next to my kitchen. I have been oh-so-careful to not let Maylin see what is in that bucket. But, alas, last time making bread, I was too tired and too careless and she saw me get into that white bucket. While putting the dough in the pans, Maylin slipped out of my view. I could still hear her, so I knew she was okay. But then the dreaded silence hit. I hurried and wiped the dough from my hands and found.....see below.
 

 

 

Not sure if taking pictures while a child is in time-out is a good way to teach them that a parent is serious about them not doing what they did again, but heck, it was so cute I had to take a picture. Austin helped Maylin clean it up. Yet I am still finding flour in the crevice between the wood and the glass.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

The Stanley's said…
Many years ago Ryan got into the VASELINE. It was smeared all over the carpet and walls at the top of our stairs. He came down where I was and I asked "What is all over your face?" To which he replied "Do you like my beard?" Needless to say flour was what we had to spread all over the carpet to try to clean up the grease! Toddlers Are Brilliant!
Lisa and Tate said…
What a helpful toddler!! How can you not take a picture of the time out??? She is a cutie!
Anonymous said…
Even when she is being naughty she is oh so cute.

Tess has never done that with flower but has been known to empty out many other things.

And I have filmed her (video) while having a tantrum. I say the record can't be all about sunshine and happiness!
Anonymous said…
Did I say flower?

Oops FLOUR!
Dione said…
Did you every babysit Caleb for me when he was a toddler? Let's just say, I understand!
grandma GiGI said…
Well, she just did what she had seen you do on your counter top as you make bread. I'm just glad you are all grown up!
M3 said…
Sigh... :-) Oh I know how that feels, really really know it. Heh!
hooli said…
Now I'm imagining two little flour-white hand prints on your wall where she stood... obviously ushered into time out before you washed her hands. Ha Ha ha haha.
Anonymous said…
She is pretty cute! What a two-year-old can do with flour:)!!
Susan said…
This age is so curious isn't it?! Anna is curious and super distructive.
Anonymous said…
Oh, you have me laughing so hard! SO funny and frighteningly true!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...