Skip to main content

Guess where we have been?



Last night about 9 p.m. Austin showed me a spot on his arm. It was really his vain. It was huge and bulging. When I would touch it, it felt thick and slushy. It was very tender. I gave him another one of his aspirin that he takes and had him put heat on it. By 10 it was still bad so I had Jay run him to the instacare to just check it out. The doctor thought there was a very good chance it could be a blood clot considering Austin's past. Jay called me and said he was on his way home to get me and we were heading to the children's hospital. The doctor at the instacare had called the ER to let them know we were coming.

Luckily my sister-in-law was spending the night with us. She watched Maylin and the others! Thanks so much Steph and sorry for the lack of sleep.

At the hospital they ran clotting tests and did an EKG. They couldn't find anything that showed he was throwing clots and by that time the spot on his arm looked and felt so much better. They have decided that they want to do an ultrasound on his arm and shoulder just to make sure and they also think it could be two other things, but I can't pronounce them so we will leave it at that. We will do that today or tomorrow. We got home at 3:30 a.m. so Austin stayed home today and woke up just before noon.

I talked to my family while Jay was at the instacare and didn't say anything to them. I hope they are not surprised to read this, but why say anything until we knew, I guess we still don't know, at least I know it is not an immediate danger. I just know how concerned they are over another family member and I didn't want them to have more worry. So sorry about this, if this surprised you, I just was trying to keep your focus where it needed to be.

Anyway, we will let you know if we find anything. Chances are they won't. We are tired, but we live this way a lot. I thought since this is my journal, I would record it since this is a very common occurrence in our lives with Austin. My friend Kim who adopted a boy from China with a heart problem, and I talked recently about how much time it takes to have a child with a heart issue. It is funny though, how it just becomes part of your routine. I know Austin will want to remember these times and I will want to remember it too. He is such a brave little soul!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

The Stanley's said…
You are getting a phone call from me!!!
M3 said…
Oh that is so scary! I think you are all brave (and sweet) souls. Huge hugs and good thoughts to all.
Lisa~~ said…
Sending lots of good thoughts and wishes your way.
Anonymous said…
Hugs and prayers.
Dione said…
I'm so sorry. What a hard thing to go through. Austin looks tired, concerned and brave, all at the same time. What a strong young man!
hooli said…
hey hey... I have a friend who writes a cool blog in which she interviews people. You might like her most recent interview: http://deliciousday.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/mother-coping-with-the-death-of-her-9-year-old-daughter/

Just interesting.
Erin said…
I am praying for you. I am sorry you all have to keep going through this. i hope Austin feels great very soon!
Anonymous said…
Sending thoughts and prayers. I will keep praying for you. Austin, you are incredible!
grandma GiGI said…
Austin has always been such a special spirit. I've felt it ever since he was born. The Lord has had a hand in his life and has preseved him for something. It's hard for you...we all live on the edge and pray for all of you daily.
We have been away at attachment camp for a week (another kind of heart issue that takes quite a bit of time lately) and I am quickly scrolling down on blogger and when I saw the pic of Austin I was like CRAP!! Double CRAP! He can't be having heart issues right now...particularly right now all things considered.

I'm so glad to read that you think things will be ok. Please update and let us know what they find/don't find.

You all will be in our prayers.

Love
Kim
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Austin. god will protect him. Saying a prayer right now for him and for your family. Hope the tests show nothing.
Lisa and Tate said…
Prayers and Hugs....
Claudia said…
Are things okay? Thinking of you...
Rachel said…
Please keep us posted. We're concerned and are thinking of you all.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...