We have been in Texas for Thanksgiving. We haven't been there for a few years due to Aus' health. It was fun to see everyone and Jay and his nephew enjoyed their time at home.
The kids enjoyed the acres. They loved the pet quails, the motor bikes, the frogs, the pond and cousins. Alex loved his little pet frog...he is pictured on Alex's head. Austin learned to ride the motorcycle very quickly! He got it on his second try! Jay loved being on a bike again. Even though I knew he was an accident waiting to happen.

There were only two pictures of me from the whole trip. The one below and the last one, that only shows the bottom half of my head. I guess that is what happens to moms.

We had Thanksgiving in a cool barn. We had time with cool cousins and we ate lots of great pie.

I got eaten alive, and continue to be so, by chiggers. I hate those things. Apparently they love me. I have covered them all with finger nail polish and washed them with bleach. I hear this helps kill them. I have washed all my clothes in HOT water. Apparently, they can live through a warm or cold wash and reinfect you! Boo, hoo, hoo. SO GROSS!! According to Google, "Chiggers are tiny, six-legged wingless organisms (larvae) that grow up to become a type of mite. Chiggers are found in tall grass and weeds. Their bite causes severe itching.The preferred feeding locations (I love that phrase. NOT)on people are parts of the body where clothing fits tightly over the skin such as around the belt line, waistline, under girdles and under socks, or where the flesh is thin, tender or wrinkled such as the ankles, in the armpits, back of the knees, in front of the elbow, or in the groin." All I know is they suck and they are NOT kidding about the "intense itching." I think I may just tear off my skin. I didn't even go into tall grass. I ran quickly through the short, mowed lawn to get Maylin who got a sticker in her toe, but that was it. By the looks of me, you would think I bathed in them.

I am grateful for so many things. Here is my top 10!
1. Heavenly Father, His son, the Holy Ghost
2. My family
3. My home and yard
4. Prayer
5. Parents
6. Kind words
7. Food (chocolate)
8. Stars
9. Spring
10.Sleep
The kids enjoyed the acres. They loved the pet quails, the motor bikes, the frogs, the pond and cousins. Alex loved his little pet frog...he is pictured on Alex's head. Austin learned to ride the motorcycle very quickly! He got it on his second try! Jay loved being on a bike again. Even though I knew he was an accident waiting to happen.

There were only two pictures of me from the whole trip. The one below and the last one, that only shows the bottom half of my head. I guess that is what happens to moms.

We had Thanksgiving in a cool barn. We had time with cool cousins and we ate lots of great pie.

I got eaten alive, and continue to be so, by chiggers. I hate those things. Apparently they love me. I have covered them all with finger nail polish and washed them with bleach. I hear this helps kill them. I have washed all my clothes in HOT water. Apparently, they can live through a warm or cold wash and reinfect you! Boo, hoo, hoo. SO GROSS!! According to Google, "Chiggers are tiny, six-legged wingless organisms (larvae) that grow up to become a type of mite. Chiggers are found in tall grass and weeds. Their bite causes severe itching.The preferred feeding locations (I love that phrase. NOT)on people are parts of the body where clothing fits tightly over the skin such as around the belt line, waistline, under girdles and under socks, or where the flesh is thin, tender or wrinkled such as the ankles, in the armpits, back of the knees, in front of the elbow, or in the groin." All I know is they suck and they are NOT kidding about the "intense itching." I think I may just tear off my skin. I didn't even go into tall grass. I ran quickly through the short, mowed lawn to get Maylin who got a sticker in her toe, but that was it. By the looks of me, you would think I bathed in them.

I am grateful for so many things. Here is my top 10!
1. Heavenly Father, His son, the Holy Ghost
2. My family
3. My home and yard
4. Prayer
5. Parents
6. Kind words
7. Food (chocolate)
8. Stars
9. Spring
10.Sleep
Comments
hopefully youbrid yourself of them soon! I am thankful to know you but slightly envious of those friends who might see you more than Tess and me!
PS: The fact that there were only 1.5 pictures of you cracks me up!!! And I can SO relate. :-)