Our final port was in Manzanillo. This is the largest working port in Mexico. We went on a shopping excursion, to see the hotel where the film "10" was made and to the beach. I have never seen the movie "10" but the hotel was incredible. We bought a lot while out shopping and had a great lunch of tacos. We also enjoyed the beach. I didn't do the water thing this time, I just sat and watched. The sand at the beach was black because there is an active volcano close to the city. The waves were so tough the kids really got slammed around. They thought it was fabulous! Only two pair of goggles were lost as they were ripped right off the kids' faces and into the sea.
Maylin had 4 little girls from Guadalajara make friends with her. My nephew speaks Spanish and interpreted for them. It was sweet.
Also, ON A NON TRIP NOTE: today was Maylin's first day in primary (the Sunday class for kids 3 to 12). Can't believe my baby is growing up. She loved it and did well. Alex was quick to point out it was his last year in Primary as he moves to the Young Men. Slow down, my growing kids!
These pictures are at the port. I love the Christmas trees. Some were made from lights, some metal, some fake garlands and others out of plants. Click on them to enlarge.
So you got to love this photo of me. I had just finished using the public restroom. The little girl had just finished cleaning it and it was so clean and fresh that I wanted to give her some pesos. So I tried pulling them from my pocket. They wouldn't come out very well. It took work! Of course, Austin thought it was funny that I was pulling this kind of face in from of a restroom, so he took this picture. It is pretty funny. Thought you would all enjoy.
This is the hotel/resort where "10" was filmed. Isn't it amazing?
The above collage is of the beach and lunch. The kids loved looking out at the beach while they ate. I loved the sand and brought some home.
These are the girls that made friends with Maylin. They were beautiful. The only thing they could say to me in English was that they were on vacation and that Maylin was very beautiful. They asked my nephew why she didn't look like me and he explained that she was adopted from China, they would say to me "She Cheena?" I would say, "Yes, she is from China." So cute.

Maylin had 4 little girls from Guadalajara make friends with her. My nephew speaks Spanish and interpreted for them. It was sweet.
Also, ON A NON TRIP NOTE: today was Maylin's first day in primary (the Sunday class for kids 3 to 12). Can't believe my baby is growing up. She loved it and did well. Alex was quick to point out it was his last year in Primary as he moves to the Young Men. Slow down, my growing kids!
These pictures are at the port. I love the Christmas trees. Some were made from lights, some metal, some fake garlands and others out of plants. Click on them to enlarge.
So you got to love this photo of me. I had just finished using the public restroom. The little girl had just finished cleaning it and it was so clean and fresh that I wanted to give her some pesos. So I tried pulling them from my pocket. They wouldn't come out very well. It took work! Of course, Austin thought it was funny that I was pulling this kind of face in from of a restroom, so he took this picture. It is pretty funny. Thought you would all enjoy.
This is the hotel/resort where "10" was filmed. Isn't it amazing?
The above collage is of the beach and lunch. The kids loved looking out at the beach while they ate. I loved the sand and brought some home.

These are the girls that made friends with Maylin. They were beautiful. The only thing they could say to me in English was that they were on vacation and that Maylin was very beautiful. They asked my nephew why she didn't look like me and he explained that she was adopted from China, they would say to me "She Cheena?" I would say, "Yes, she is from China." So cute.




Comments