The last day of school before Christmas break was the 18th. School ended at noon. We left for our trip later that evening. That day at school is one of my favorites. The kids sing in a fun Christmas concert, they have class parties and do their teddy bear service project.
Austin played the piano this year while his 11 grade class sang. I was so proud of him. He looks so handsome. Alex and Kenzie's classes did a great job too. The kids all bring teddy bears to school. On that last day, the students pass all the teddy bears down many long lines and each student gives each bear a hug. The bears are then taken to a homeless childrens hospital in a town about an hour and 20 minutes north of us. I love to see the kids do this. Austin's class, being the oldest, get to bag the bears and prepare them for delivery. After this, each class had a party. I am not sure what I was thinking, but I volunteered to do Kenzie and Austin's parties. They were at the same time. So I spent a lot of time quickly walking from one classroom to another. Both parties were great!









Yesterday,Thursday, Austin and Kenzie's ballroom dance classes performed in a school showcase. Kenzie is in Ballroom 1 and Austin is in Ballroom 3. Kenzie danced the Foxtrot and the Swing. Austin did the Waltz, the Cha-Cha and the Swing. They were so great!


The look on Austin's face is priceless!
<




Taking a final bow.

Austin played the piano this year while his 11 grade class sang. I was so proud of him. He looks so handsome. Alex and Kenzie's classes did a great job too. The kids all bring teddy bears to school. On that last day, the students pass all the teddy bears down many long lines and each student gives each bear a hug. The bears are then taken to a homeless childrens hospital in a town about an hour and 20 minutes north of us. I love to see the kids do this. Austin's class, being the oldest, get to bag the bears and prepare them for delivery. After this, each class had a party. I am not sure what I was thinking, but I volunteered to do Kenzie and Austin's parties. They were at the same time. So I spent a lot of time quickly walking from one classroom to another. Both parties were great!
Yesterday,Thursday, Austin and Kenzie's ballroom dance classes performed in a school showcase. Kenzie is in Ballroom 1 and Austin is in Ballroom 3. Kenzie danced the Foxtrot and the Swing. Austin did the Waltz, the Cha-Cha and the Swing. They were so great!
The look on Austin's face is priceless!
Taking a final bow.
Comments