Happy Valentine's Day to my friends and family. Today was a great day just for the sure fact that it was a little warmer! That was a bonus since we have been having bone chilling weather and Jay took me and the girls out to dinner! That is always a plus.
Maylin had a party at her preschool. She made such a darling Valentine card box. She was so excited to go to school armed with her Valentines and her heart shaped brownies. When I picked her up the first thing she said was, "It was a great day, mom!" Awesome. I love to hear that. She was especially excited about the heart shaped straw a little boy in class gave her. She has a crush on him, most definately.
Later we went to the kids' school to do Alex's class party. It turned out well. I did a Valentine bingo game. I know, not very original, but the other games I came up with were already taken by the other mothers. The kids had fun doing all the activities. After the party, Alex told me he spent lunch in the principle's office. He now has to write an essay. Apparently, in art his Valentine picture was of a frog (soon to be some one's prince) with an arrow through his head and blood everywhere. Great. Just great. His essay is on the true meaning of Valentine's Day.
After school Kenzie ran up to a 12th grader and gave him a hug. I don't know who was more surprised: her, that she actually did it, the boy because he only knows her as Austin's little sister, or me because she was hugging an older boy! After that she claimed she couldn't breathe because he took her breath away......
Austin asked a girl in the hall to be his Valentine. He was sitting on the floor with a friend and she walked by. I have never even heard him speak about her before. She was cute though. He then went to the bathroom and made her a rose out of paper towel. Pretty creative I guess. He is currently at a movie with his friend Ryan. He took him to the movie for his b-day.
We are finishing up homework then we are going to have a family night on using clean words and uplifting language. The night will end with the best sugar cookies ever!
Happy Valentine's Night to you all. Hope your day was lovely!
Maylin had a party at her preschool. She made such a darling Valentine card box. She was so excited to go to school armed with her Valentines and her heart shaped brownies. When I picked her up the first thing she said was, "It was a great day, mom!" Awesome. I love to hear that. She was especially excited about the heart shaped straw a little boy in class gave her. She has a crush on him, most definately.
Later we went to the kids' school to do Alex's class party. It turned out well. I did a Valentine bingo game. I know, not very original, but the other games I came up with were already taken by the other mothers. The kids had fun doing all the activities. After the party, Alex told me he spent lunch in the principle's office. He now has to write an essay. Apparently, in art his Valentine picture was of a frog (soon to be some one's prince) with an arrow through his head and blood everywhere. Great. Just great. His essay is on the true meaning of Valentine's Day.
After school Kenzie ran up to a 12th grader and gave him a hug. I don't know who was more surprised: her, that she actually did it, the boy because he only knows her as Austin's little sister, or me because she was hugging an older boy! After that she claimed she couldn't breathe because he took her breath away......
Austin asked a girl in the hall to be his Valentine. He was sitting on the floor with a friend and she walked by. I have never even heard him speak about her before. She was cute though. He then went to the bathroom and made her a rose out of paper towel. Pretty creative I guess. He is currently at a movie with his friend Ryan. He took him to the movie for his b-day.
We are finishing up homework then we are going to have a family night on using clean words and uplifting language. The night will end with the best sugar cookies ever!
Happy Valentine's Night to you all. Hope your day was lovely!
Comments