Since I blogged last, we have had a great few days! Austin took second place in the school science fair so he is moving on to state! He is so excited. The picture is with his friend Erik and his science teacher Mrs. Logan. She is amazing and has been so good to Austin. Maylin's preschool also celebrated Chinese New Year. Maylin was so excited about it and asked if she could take something to her class. I arranged with her teacher that she bring the treat. We made little Chinese New Year bags for the class. They included chocolate, a Mandarin Orange and a fortune cookie. She was so excited to take them and reported back that her class thought they were great. Just this past week a little Chinese girl has joined her class. She is two and her parents are from Taiwan (mom) and the Dad is from mainland China. This little girl has latched on to Maylin like she was her second mama. She holds her hand, sits by her, follows her everywhere and likes to put her coat by Maylin's. The teacher said it is the sweetest thing to watch.
This week Kenzie also had a fun project for French. She had to make different hats. Each student had to make various kinds of clothes and accessories, and then they would learn the names of them as each student displayed what they made. I thought Kenzie used so much creativity. It was fun to watch her make them and she got so excited about it! She said they had a big bulletin board they hung them on and they have been practicing the names each day.
Finally, this weekend, Jay and I went away!!!!!! Okay 20 miles away, but still it was away. Austin watched the kids and did great. We left Friday afternoon and got back Sunday morning. We ate at a fondue restaurant one night (Jay wants to know why he had to pay so much if he had to cook his own food. I thought it was fun and romantic.) We also had a couples massage, swam, shopped and we ate at a great steakhouse. I gained a pound and a half so exercise will have to kick up this week. We had a fabulous time!!!!!!
This week Kenzie also had a fun project for French. She had to make different hats. Each student had to make various kinds of clothes and accessories, and then they would learn the names of them as each student displayed what they made. I thought Kenzie used so much creativity. It was fun to watch her make them and she got so excited about it! She said they had a big bulletin board they hung them on and they have been practicing the names each day.
Finally, this weekend, Jay and I went away!!!!!! Okay 20 miles away, but still it was away. Austin watched the kids and did great. We left Friday afternoon and got back Sunday morning. We ate at a fondue restaurant one night (Jay wants to know why he had to pay so much if he had to cook his own food. I thought it was fun and romantic.) We also had a couples massage, swam, shopped and we ate at a great steakhouse. I gained a pound and a half so exercise will have to kick up this week. We had a fabulous time!!!!!!


Comments
And seriously, I think you get skinnier with each post!
Kim