The state science fair was Wednesday and Thursday. Austin did it again! He won 2nd place over-all in engineering again! We were so excited for him. To be honest, he was a bit disappointed. He wanted 1st this year. I guess I can't blame him. He also received the Roots and Shoots Environmental Award, the U.S. Metric System Award for Best use of the Metric System (that one impresses me a lot!) and he got another $4,000 scholarship to a local college. We are so proud of him! He is glad it is over. The stress was getting to him.
Here are Austin and his partner Erik setting up. Erik didn't really do a lot with the project but give major needed moral support. Any prize they got last night he turned it over to Austin. He kept asking why he was even there since he didn't do much and Austin kept saying because I need you. I think it was a good comfort to Austin to know he had a back up during the interview. Their project looked great.
During the actual interviews on Friday, they wore their uniforms. They looked so nice at the awards ceremony.
Here are Austin and his partner Erik setting up. Erik didn't really do a lot with the project but give major needed moral support. Any prize they got last night he turned it over to Austin. He kept asking why he was even there since he didn't do much and Austin kept saying because I need you. I think it was a good comfort to Austin to know he had a back up during the interview. Their project looked great.
During the actual interviews on Friday, they wore their uniforms. They looked so nice at the awards ceremony.



Comments
I txted Jay, but I'm not even sure if he has txting. I wanted to see you, but had to go pick Hillary up from a track meet at Timpview (you may have noticed the boy from our high school accepting his awards in his track clothes- REALLY??!!). When you walked in, we were trying to get your attention, and it turns out that the people sitting in front of us are your neighbors? Funny. Small science world.
Kim