Leading up to Christmas, Jay had a list of a few things he wanted to do as a family. The first was to go to the lights at Thanksgiving Point. We do this every year. We get a milkshake at JCW's and then we eat it while we drive through the lights. It is so cold every year, you would think we would pick cocoa instead, but nope! Those milkshakes are just too good. Me and the girls always get grasshopper. Alex gets cookie dough and Jay gets Oreo. For the record, Austin would either get Oreo or pineapple. I had planned on taking pictures of our traditional night, however, most of the time the kids spent it fighting so I forgot to take pictures. I was too busy playing referee. So much for that "Christmas Spirit activity." When we got home Jay and I just sat in the car for awhile trying to regain composure and our nerves. It wasn't good.
The next one was to go downtown and have dinner at Cheese Cake Factory and then go see the lights at Temple Square and the candy windows at Macy's. This night turned out perfect. The kids actually seemed like they really loved each other this time. The lights were gorgeous. The windows were amazing and the food was good. The company however, was awesome!
We did have one little mishap.....Alex was trying to tackle his dad, as usual. We were on Temple Square. Alex lost his balance and his head hit my nose. I thought I was going to die. It hurt so bad and Alex claimed his head hurt too. I told Jay I thought my nose was broken and he said, "How could THAT nose be broken?" Yeah, it is a running joke that my nose is big due to the genetic "crumpbump" I have in my nose. Thanks Great grandma Crump for the big bump in my nose! Anyway, we actually laughed over it, so it was good. Except I think we embarrassed Kenzie to death.
The next one was to go downtown and have dinner at Cheese Cake Factory and then go see the lights at Temple Square and the candy windows at Macy's. This night turned out perfect. The kids actually seemed like they really loved each other this time. The lights were gorgeous. The windows were amazing and the food was good. The company however, was awesome!
We did have one little mishap.....Alex was trying to tackle his dad, as usual. We were on Temple Square. Alex lost his balance and his head hit my nose. I thought I was going to die. It hurt so bad and Alex claimed his head hurt too. I told Jay I thought my nose was broken and he said, "How could THAT nose be broken?" Yeah, it is a running joke that my nose is big due to the genetic "crumpbump" I have in my nose. Thanks Great grandma Crump for the big bump in my nose! Anyway, we actually laughed over it, so it was good. Except I think we embarrassed Kenzie to death.
Like how I wore a dress, yet comfortable, warm shoes? I am for comfort, not fashion. I think we are dang cute.
Cheese cake factory! I love their Island Grilled Chicken off their skinny luscious menu.
The candy windows. Pretty fun.
We also wanted to do a service project so we helped at the homeless shelter. That was great. Really great. After being there, Alex has decided to do something there as his Eagle Project. We also took the kids to see Santa. Alex would not sit on his lap, in fact he wouldn't really even stand close, but the girls had a great time. Maylin made sure to tell Santa that we would be out of town on Christmas and where he could find us!
Comments