Thanksgiving morning, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. Not to put in the turkey, like many were doing, but to the sounds of Maylin throwing up. Yep. Happy Thanksgiving! The day went just as it had began with the vomit and the fever. Jay's nephew who lives with us had it the day before, but he stayed away from us.....at least we thought.
Jay took his parents and other nephew and the kids to a movie during the day to keep them away from Maylin. I stayed home and cooked and took care of her. We finally ate dinner around 6:30 p.m. only to have Jay's niece come down with it too, so dinner was now minus 2.
I do have to say, dinner was pretty good. The favorite was Nonnie's mac and cheese. Jay's mom makes a mean southern mac and cheese! Maylin would wake up periodically and would say, "I've been waiting for this day for so long and now I'm sick." Poor thing. Here is how Maylin spent the day.....or in the bathroom.
Here are the "healthy" ones eating dinner at our formal dining table.
At 8 that night, Jay took everyone who was well to Black Thursday sales, which I don't like, but I won't go into that..... I got a text from him shortly after they got there. He said he was running to the bathroom. He was now sick. By morning, Alex was added to the totally, sick and puking list. I was busy running around cleaning every bathroom that the sickies used so no one else would get sick. I also bleached my floors, walls, door handles, light switches over and over again. I washed everyone's sheets and I was doing towels like crazy. I only let people use a towel once. I quarantined the sick ones. By Saturday, another nephew had it.
Good news, however, I didn't get it....or at least the case I had lasted about 1 1/2 hours and I never threw up. Kenzie never got it and either did Jay's parents or the baby of those that live with us! So that rocks! I am grateful!!!!
It certainly was a Thanksgiving I won't forget, or one that I know I DO NOT want to repeat!
Jay took his parents and other nephew and the kids to a movie during the day to keep them away from Maylin. I stayed home and cooked and took care of her. We finally ate dinner around 6:30 p.m. only to have Jay's niece come down with it too, so dinner was now minus 2.
I do have to say, dinner was pretty good. The favorite was Nonnie's mac and cheese. Jay's mom makes a mean southern mac and cheese! Maylin would wake up periodically and would say, "I've been waiting for this day for so long and now I'm sick." Poor thing. Here is how Maylin spent the day.....or in the bathroom.
I love how she puts her fingers through her hair when she needs comfort or is sleeping.
At 8 that night, Jay took everyone who was well to Black Thursday sales, which I don't like, but I won't go into that..... I got a text from him shortly after they got there. He said he was running to the bathroom. He was now sick. By morning, Alex was added to the totally, sick and puking list. I was busy running around cleaning every bathroom that the sickies used so no one else would get sick. I also bleached my floors, walls, door handles, light switches over and over again. I washed everyone's sheets and I was doing towels like crazy. I only let people use a towel once. I quarantined the sick ones. By Saturday, another nephew had it.
Good news, however, I didn't get it....or at least the case I had lasted about 1 1/2 hours and I never threw up. Kenzie never got it and either did Jay's parents or the baby of those that live with us! So that rocks! I am grateful!!!!
It certainly was a Thanksgiving I won't forget, or one that I know I DO NOT want to repeat!
Comments