Skip to main content

Time is ticking down

McKenzie's pageant is on Saturday. Formal and final interviews are Friday. Today is Monday. Where has the time gone. We are doing last minute prep work this week. We pick up her formal on Tuesday. She has a dress fitting for her talent dress on Tuesday as well. We need to get shoes today. Final jewelry was purchased over the weekend, so we are close, very close.

On Saturday she had mock interviews. She had been practicing all wee with me and with neighbors I had called to help too. She did really well in the mock interviews. The judges wrote comments on sheets that each girl got, and Kenzie had only minor things to work on. We are going to practice together again and then one more neighbor will have a turn. She needs to increase her opening statement to the judges by about 10 seconds. She can do that. Tuesday and Thursday she has talent practices with her talent coach. I think she is pretty ready. I know I am NOT! I am so nervous. I need a chill pill.

Here she is waiting for her mock interview. This is the dress she will wear. It is a 1940's dress I found at a vintage store for 20 bucks. She looks so tiny in it and so professional. It is a one of a kind. The judges loved the out fit.


Alex has had a little relapse on the mono front so he is having laser treatments that seem to be helping. They blast his spleen. He woke up this morning and seemed taller than when he went to bed. We measured and he is about 3/4 an inch taller than Jay now.

Maylin loves our new dog. She takes it everywhere. He even has to go with her in carpool in the morning and then Jay or I (who ever is driving) has to bring him home. Luckily she hasn't asked that the other carpool driver do the same!


Mom this is for you! - http://www.austinmission.blogspot.com

Comments

Lisa and Tate said…
She is stunning... love love LOVE the dress. Good luck Kenzie. You will do amazing I just know it.
Glenda said…
Enjoy ever minute Kenzie! Good luck
Nate said…
Good luck to Kenzie and you. She looks great in that dress!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...