Last Saturday night (Sept 7) was the first school dance of the year. It was a nerd dance. Kenzie wore my Benetton pants that I wore in college! Really? They are NOT nerdy......at least not in my mind. I will say, with her button down shirt, tie and glasses, she looked great!
Alex was planning on going too, but he went to a BYU football game earlier and it was delayed due to rain so he didn't make it. Bummer. Jay and I were the chaperones, so Maylin got to go. She dressed up too and looked so great! She had so much fun, but got tired at the end. Jay and I had fun taking pictures, watching Maylin and Kenzie dance.
Here is my cute little nerd girl dancing with dad! Maylin loved the treats. They had sugar cookies decorated like different elements from the periodic table, chips, water labeled H2O and the room was decorated with Legos and sci-fi paraphernalia! Maylin loved the balloons.
This is the 10th grade teacher Mr Dye. Oh my gosh! He was hysterical. He changed his voice and talked like the nerdiest kid ever. He had a story to tell you every time he saw you, about one of his nerd adventures. He would offer everyone a Clorox wipe that he had hanging from his belt and he would tell them his "mama said, they kill 99.9% of germs. I use them all the time. I don't want to get sick and miss chess club." He killed it!

Comments