The pictures I am including are shots from Labor Day that I never posted. Hope you enjoy them. We had a great time. Maylin had her first icee. Loved it!

Life comes at you fast. Yesterday was our 6 month anniversary with Maylin. What a wonderful time. We've had a lot happen in those 6 months. Austin's heart surgery by far was the hardest. Second was a fall I had in June. I was cleaning my floor and hit a slick spot and down I went. (They need to make it a law that tile floors shouldn't need cleaning.) I hit my tile floor so hard it knocked me out cold and my whole back was bruised. I have had on and off tingling etc, but just a few weeks ago the back of my head really went numb and felt hot. I would loose my grip and drop things and sometimes my face would tingle. I finally went to the doctor, I know, I know, should have gone in right away not 2 1/2 months later when things were worse. They did an MRI last week and I have nerve damage. They put me on a steroid to help it heal. It seems to have worked for now. Therapy may be in my future. At least I don't have a brain tumor. Seriously, I have wondered if I have had one for years. I can't call my kids by the right name and I told my son on his first day of school, "Merry Christmas" when I meant good luck. That put that to rest, now I just know I am overly stressed and my brain is filled with too many non-important facts. My dear friend that is hopefully reading this will know of my relief to know it is not a tumor.


Austin completed his Eagle Scout today. They will have his Court of Honor soon. We are so proud of him. He really did it by himself. His project as you remember were school and baby supplies for Maylin's orphanage.McKenzie got a 95% on her math test. Woot! Woot! And Alex is loving flag football. So am I. Less chance of getting hurt. I am always for that. Maylin continues to bring us joy. She walks into the room and we all clammer around her. She has our attention that is for sure. We went to a "Blogger BBQ" yesterday. Met some very wonderful people. That will be my next post.
Life comes at you fast. Yesterday was our 6 month anniversary with Maylin. What a wonderful time. We've had a lot happen in those 6 months. Austin's heart surgery by far was the hardest. Second was a fall I had in June. I was cleaning my floor and hit a slick spot and down I went. (They need to make it a law that tile floors shouldn't need cleaning.) I hit my tile floor so hard it knocked me out cold and my whole back was bruised. I have had on and off tingling etc, but just a few weeks ago the back of my head really went numb and felt hot. I would loose my grip and drop things and sometimes my face would tingle. I finally went to the doctor, I know, I know, should have gone in right away not 2 1/2 months later when things were worse. They did an MRI last week and I have nerve damage. They put me on a steroid to help it heal. It seems to have worked for now. Therapy may be in my future. At least I don't have a brain tumor. Seriously, I have wondered if I have had one for years. I can't call my kids by the right name and I told my son on his first day of school, "Merry Christmas" when I meant good luck. That put that to rest, now I just know I am overly stressed and my brain is filled with too many non-important facts. My dear friend that is hopefully reading this will know of my relief to know it is not a tumor.
Austin completed his Eagle Scout today. They will have his Court of Honor soon. We are so proud of him. He really did it by himself. His project as you remember were school and baby supplies for Maylin's orphanage.McKenzie got a 95% on her math test. Woot! Woot! And Alex is loving flag football. So am I. Less chance of getting hurt. I am always for that. Maylin continues to bring us joy. She walks into the room and we all clammer around her. She has our attention that is for sure. We went to a "Blogger BBQ" yesterday. Met some very wonderful people. That will be my next post.
Comments
Way to go Austin. Earning your Eagle is a great accomplishment.
Wasnt that camel funny? Some visitor actually walked it to the church in Sacramento..it is this huge gorgeous church too!! How wierd is that..lol.