Skip to main content

Baby-a-one

  We have a new thing. Everything Maylin sees is a "mama one" or a "baby-a-one". For example, the other day she saw the flag and said, "Mama one." Then she pointed to the smaller state flag flying below it and said, "Baby-a-one." This comparison to size happens on everything. Today at the store I bought bananas. She said they were mama ones. Then she saw a bunch of bananas that were smaller and called them baby-a-ones. Of course, she wanted both the mama and baby ones. Tonight at dinner she got a salad plate out because it was a baby-a-one to go along next to her big plate, the mama one. The above picture is of the "mama one" and the "baby-a-one" boxes. This girl played with them for over an hour. She wrapped them both in blankets, carried them around, had the mama one take care of the baby one, etc. It cracked us all up. It is interesting how she associates size with me and her. The little one being the baby and the bigger one the mom.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Joey/Denny/Emma said…
Oh, she is such a cute little "baby a-one"! I love reading about your family's adventures.
Lisa and Tate said…
Funny... Playing baby and mom with cascade and jello! It is amazing how little minds develope!

Lisa

P.S. if I didn't know better, I would suggest buying some toys so Ms M does not have to play with boxes...heeehee
Sister~Mom said…
LOVE IT! WITH A CAPITOL L FOR LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE IT!!!
hooli said…
lolly, does that make you big mamma? Just kidding. But you know I love Big Mamma from Fox and Hound.

She is such a riot. How much fun it would have been to have a little sister. I guess we'll never know.
Lisa~~ said…
She is such a character, very clever and too funny.
Glenda said…
So funny...she is a crack up.
shelley said…
Pretty smart chick you have there. So incredibly sweet as well.
Anonymous said…
Maylin is still cute even without the shirt! The mama and baby-a-one comparisons are great. Sounds like you have a solid place in Maylin's life as MAMA!! Em is starting to do that as well (with less language). It makes me grateful:)
grandma GiGI said…
This child brings you all so much happiness...she is really a cute baby-a-one.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...