Skip to main content

Happy Mother's Day

To my Mother: Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for all you have given me. You are the reason I have 4 wonderful children myself. Thanks for that gift. To all my other family and friends who are mothers, Happy Mother's Day to you too! To Alex our clown and free spirit, I am glad you beat to your own drum. You make us happy. I wish this time next year, you will be happier and filled with more joy. (If that is at all possible. I think you have the market cornered.)
To Austin and Maylin, my oldest and youngest, the bread to our sandwich; we love you. Maylin, we are glad our Heavenly Father made it possible for you to find us. You make us complete. Austin, my brave one. My old spirit. I love you. This Tuesday we found out that Austin's surgery from July is undone. His heart is worse than before. He looks ahead to another surgery this summer. Only a handful of this type of surgery has been performed. My wish for you is next year you will be alive and healthy with a spirit that is strong as ever.
To McKenzie, my fireball and tender hearted child, we appreciate the adventure you bring to our family. You make life exciting! I wish that next year you will know who you truly are and will know 100% that we love you.

Comments

Lisa~~ said…
Wishing you a happy Mother's Day with your wonderful family. May all your wishes for your children come true.
Eliza2006 said…
Happy Mother's Day, Laurel. I'm so sorry to hear about the heart issues. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Tiffany
Anonymous said…
Happy Mother's Day!

Prayers going up for Austin!
Laurel, you make me cry! Happy Mother's Day!
Love Kim
Lisa and Tate said…
Happy Mothers day.... I love the posting of the love for each child and the wish....

I am in tears about the heart problems.... Huge hugs and prayers going you way!

Lisa
Anonymous said…
Happy Mother's Day!! This is a great blog entry and tribute to those you love. You are an awesome mother!! Austin you are in our prayers. You are my example of courage. Glad you resolved Maylin's seizures:)
M3 said…
Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful mama. ("the bread to our sandwich" is just the cutest phrase ever!)
Susan said…
Happy Mothers Day! Oh, I am so sorry about Austin, I pray he will make it through stronger than ever. What a trial for your family!
Erin said…
Oh, Laurel, I have a lump in my throat. You are a wonderful mother. Your children are so cute to each other. I am praying for Austin. I asked my family to pray for him too! I believe in miracles, Laurel.
grandma GiGI said…
Sweet family! Tell Alex if he thinks he can pull a funny face, he should see grandpa.
hooli said…
My goodness. What a lovely tribute.
As a mommy you are a rock star. You have wonderful kids. Of course we'll be wishing all of you the very best.
Rachel said…
If anyone deserves a Happy Mothers Day it's you! We miss you guys.
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
Loved hearing about all of your children, and am so sorry Austin's heart problems are continuing. Praying that all will go well for him.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...