Last year Maylin had a few seizures that were related to breath holding spells. This year she has just had seizures...no breath holding involved. She had one in her sleep that landed her in the hospital for a couple of days. They checked her iron levels because low iron can cause seizures. The normal range bottom number was 20. She was at 19. The doctors felt this wasn't low enough to cause seizures. So we had nothing. She had two more seizures since that trip to the hospital. One, she just glazed over and it the floor. The other in her car seat. The falling down one scared us terribly. She had another EEG and an MRI for those. They showed nothing. Finally, I decided to tell them I wanted to try an iron supplement even though they didn't think her iron was low enough. So, we started her on one and guess what...we have been seizure free for 1 1/2 months. Knock on wood. They figure her body is just very sensitive to her iron levels. We are glad that concern is resolved.
Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...
Comments
Love, Kim
Tiffny