Skip to main content

Makes you smile

We look a little trip to Idaho this weekend to see my family. My dad and Alex share a b-day on the 29th, so we went up for an early party. It is a big one...Alex turns 10 and my dad turns 80! I will have pictures of the big event. I just wanted to post a few funny things that Maylin said. She cracked us up all weekend. We can't believe how much she has grown. Kinda sad. Where has our baby gone?
First, she apparently really listens and then stores every and I mean every thing we say. For example, Jay was trying to find her jacket. He finally finds it and she says, "Good job, dad. Proud of you." So cute and I am glad she repeats some positive things.

Also, all weekend she kept making Alex sit in a time out chair. She would shake her finger at him and say, "You in twuble." Hmmmm.

On the long car ride home she got out a book and said to me, "Mom, me reading. Turn off music. Please." That was a lot of words! And she was polite!!!! Woot Woot.

Then in the car she said, with a horrible look on her face, "Whose dat farted? It smell." We all laughed and the culprit had to admit to it, who could resist that cute question. The offender has asked to remain anonymous.

At Grandma's or Dam Ma as Maylin calls her, she (Maylin) passed gas and said, "Oooohhhhh, dat a good one!." I think we all cracked up.

When we got home and checked the eggs we had a surprise. Can you tell what from the picture below?






Yep! Our Araucana chicken that lays greenish/blue eggs has finally started laying! That has been a long wait...they take longer to mature than other hens. We are so excited. By the way they taste the same, just look different.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well with that chicken you are all set for Easter.

LOL at Maylin, you can't escape a toddler's honesty can you?

Love the new blog look and that there's a photo of everyone (including Mom) on top.
Anonymous said…
I love Maylin's comments. Never a dull trip! Where did our babies go?
Eliza2006 said…
Love your girl! At least she has the term 'fart' down. When Eliza toots, she announces that she just 'pooped'.

I'm ready for some more eggs. Let me know when you have enough to share and I'll figure out a time I can come down.

Tiffany
Dione said…
Lucky! We had chickens for over a year until someone turned us in :(
Hooray, your Araucana kicked in! I love our colored eggs, too. Your egg carton looks so awesome, seeing the eggs like that always makes me feel like such a great homemaker :)

It seems like our green eggs are always a little smaller than the others, so you'll have to let me know how yours compare in size...and if you get a colored double yolk- that would be super awesome.

I LOVE the new blog look!

Kim
Lisa~~ said…
How cool with the eggs!! Maylin is always a hoot and makes me laugh.
Valorie said…
What great stories you are recording of your family. I am not a journal writer and there were so many cute antics my kids did when they were little that I can't remember and were never recorded. Really great eggs, I haven't ever seen green ones ever. Time for reading the Green eggs and Ham Dr. Seuss book.
shelley said…
love the new look. we have really started to notice Claire stores up everything we say too.
Rachel said…
I LoVe the blog makeover. It would be so fun to hear those comments come out of Maylin's mouth. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can hear her talk.
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
Your new blog layout looks very spiffy indeed. Love the family photo at the top. Now I'm kinda ashamed of how ours looks ;) Thanks for "passing" along all the cute things Maylin says.
The Stanley's said…
This is our week, Laurel. I am really hopeful we'll get a good report. I do believe a date would be a great celebration. Green eggs, eh? I'm not sure about that. I need you to explain why the different colors. We were up in your neck of the woods because we went on Paul's business trip for our UEA adventure. All we do is sit in the car, but it really is nice to get away and see gorgeous Idaho and Wyoming! (Jackson was quite nice.)
grandma GiGI said…
I don't know about Maylin's comments...Like you said, she listens and repeats everything she hears. LOve the green eggs...guess Dr. Suess knew what he was talking about.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...