Skip to main content

Tagged and Trick or Treat -UPDATED

My dear friend Anita tagged me. I should just copy her list of 7 and put it here. All but 2 were things I would say. So here are my 7 things. Took me a bit to come up with some original ones. UPDATE: I messed up. Only need six things. And I didn't say anything about the rules. Man, I am getting old. So, You list 6 unspectacular things about yourself, you mention the person who tagged you and you mention the rules. Also you tag 6 people.

1. I love raspberries.
2. I love Dancing with the Stars.
3. I love the smell of clean clothes.
4. I love soft skin.
5. I love every color.
6. I try hard to please everyone.
7. I love string cheese. - an extra one for fun!

I tag Erin (I know two of you), Becky W., Lisa S., Beverly, Glenda and anyone else who wants to play.


We decorated for Halloween awhile ago. My kids love it. Unfortunately, Maylin hates it. She does not like anything scary. We put our decorations up on our porch and now she will not walk out on our porch or on our front lawn unless she is being carried. She puts her head in the neck of who ever is carring her and says "oohhh scary show." She won't even look. We had to take down the head/feet/hands that we had laying on our lawn (see picture below). That terrified her. She is a little better now that he is gone. Not sure what we will do on Halloween. I think she is going to be freaked out.




We took the kids and Austin's friend to a cornmaze/farm playland last night. They had so much fun. Maylin loved it as long as she was away from anything scary. The pumpkins below are handcarved! Isn't that amazing? Maylin loved the "Pumpkin Princess" and so did Kenzie. Alex loved the air guns that shot corn on the cob. The object was to shoot the metal cows that were off in a distance. We also enjoyed the corn maze. Thanks to Alex we found our way out!


Alex and Maylin loved the "cow" train pulled by a tractor. I loved watching Jay try to get in and out of his "cow". Obviously, he will do anything for his kids.



At the corn maze, they also had pig racing. Maylin was picked to run the blue big which was named. "Troy Oinkman". Her pig lost, but she had fun.



The kids loved the room filled with corn. At first Maylin didn't like how it felt on her feet, but when she discovered she could bury Alex, she was all for it!



The last pictures are of us enjoying the big jumping pillow, the big rocking chair and pumping water to make these little Halloween ducks race. Of course, you can't forget the Pumpkin Princess. Her dress was orange satin with green vines and leaves all over it. Very clever.




Comments

Anonymous said…
That looks like so much fun. Was it Thanksgiving Point? Em is scared of Halloween decorations and costumes too. We walked in the door of our ward carnival and a little boy growled at Em in a vampire suit. She cried for 20 minutes! LOL
grandma GiGI said…
You do such fun things with your kids. How about adopting us? We loved Jay in the cow car especially! so funny1
Anonymous said…
Okay, I have to remember what I loved today :). The pumpkin carriage, the big chair, the 7 things about you, your porch and lawn decor!
Rachel said…
That looks like so much fun. Those pumpkin carvings are great. How do they do it! Will you guys be in I.F. for Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Susan said…
This looks so fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...