This week has been filled with holiday fun (thankfully, I felt like it wasn't even a holiday), some great friends and Austin's first date!!! Let's cover the date first.
He got asked out by another girl...not the blind date I talked about awhile ago. This is a girl who is in his class. She asked him out for a couple's Christmas dance at another private school where her friends go. I think I was more excited than Austin. I asked him so many questions, tried to get him perfectly ready, and went over how to treat a girl, a million times. He finally looked at me and said, "Was your mother this weird over your first date, or is it just you?" Hmmmm.... maybe it is just me. Anyway, he had a blast. My favorite part was she had to drive since she is 17 and has a license and he is barely 16 without one. Kinda cute watching her drive. She is a nice girl.
McKenzie tried out for a special choir at her school that was going to perform at the Christmas Benefit Concert with special guest Michael Ballam. She did a wonderful job and the concert was incredible. A song written by Sam Cardon was premiered that night. It was awe inspiring. She is pictured with a senator from our state who moderated and with her grandparents.


Also, we got to spend an evening with our very good friends the Stanley's. We went to the Festival of Trees where Maylin promptly fell asleep. Luckily everyone was willing to take a turn holding her so my arms could have a rest. We also went out to eat. We tried the calamari. It was a 1/2 love it, 1/2 hate it. The only kid in my clan that liked it was Maylin. I think she had 8 pieces. We all love the Stanley's and it was a pure joy to be with them. Maylin keeps asking where is the Stanley?



Last, but not least, a few humorous comments: Maylin, with her hand down the back of her pants, "Mom, I have a wedgie." Mom, "What is a wedgie?" Maylin, "Its your panties pulled way up." I thought I would die. It cracked me up that she said wedgie!! Maylin when asking her to clean up her toys, "I can't. My arms borken (broken)." That cracked me up enough, I ended up with the clean up.
He got asked out by another girl...not the blind date I talked about awhile ago. This is a girl who is in his class. She asked him out for a couple's Christmas dance at another private school where her friends go. I think I was more excited than Austin. I asked him so many questions, tried to get him perfectly ready, and went over how to treat a girl, a million times. He finally looked at me and said, "Was your mother this weird over your first date, or is it just you?" Hmmmm.... maybe it is just me. Anyway, he had a blast. My favorite part was she had to drive since she is 17 and has a license and he is barely 16 without one. Kinda cute watching her drive. She is a nice girl.
McKenzie tried out for a special choir at her school that was going to perform at the Christmas Benefit Concert with special guest Michael Ballam. She did a wonderful job and the concert was incredible. A song written by Sam Cardon was premiered that night. It was awe inspiring. She is pictured with a senator from our state who moderated and with her grandparents.
Also, we got to spend an evening with our very good friends the Stanley's. We went to the Festival of Trees where Maylin promptly fell asleep. Luckily everyone was willing to take a turn holding her so my arms could have a rest. We also went out to eat. We tried the calamari. It was a 1/2 love it, 1/2 hate it. The only kid in my clan that liked it was Maylin. I think she had 8 pieces. We all love the Stanley's and it was a pure joy to be with them. Maylin keeps asking where is the Stanley?
Last, but not least, a few humorous comments: Maylin, with her hand down the back of her pants, "Mom, I have a wedgie." Mom, "What is a wedgie?" Maylin, "Its your panties pulled way up." I thought I would die. It cracked me up that she said wedgie!! Maylin when asking her to clean up her toys, "I can't. My arms borken (broken)." That cracked me up enough, I ended up with the clean up.
Comments
Kenz, you'll have to sing your Christmas songs for us the next time we see you.