I have really tried to stay flexible in my thoughts and feelings about the recent Presidential election. I see that some things could have been done better or differently by our former President, however, I also see that he was dealt a very hard hand. What other President handled 9/11? What other President had to deal with an economy that was caused by lots and lots of people who wanted to make more money or who wanted to live larger than the small amount they made? What President stood firm to his values when people were hurling complaints and negative comments? I think none.
I look forward to what the new President will bring. He has brought a renewed interest in government. I think that is great. I think it is terrific America looked past race and he was voted in. I think it shows what I have always believed that the majority of America let race go a long time ago, despite the complaints we still hear. I look forward to seeing our new President succeed.
However, my optimism doesn't come without concern. I am worried about change. What about the return to our founding fathers? What about a return to what made America great? What about a return to values and hard work? It worked once. It could work again.
When I went to China to get my baby, I saw a country that has been in existence for 1000's of years. But I saw a country that was still, really in many areas, like we were in the 50's. I thought of America who has been in existence for 100s of years and how we have become so big, so profitable, the place where many want to come to find success, because in their country it doesn't come. I know that we grew in just a handful of years, to what we are now, because of the founding fathers. Because of the freedom, because of the opportunity to make something of yourself, because of hard work, because of values, because our country was designed around LIFE, LIBERTY, PROPERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. They are rights that the founding fathers never wanted taken away. We have fallen from those views, those values, those principles in that last few decades. We are struggling today because we HAVE FORGOTTEN who we are. To me, it isn't change we need. What we have, worked once, lets just return to our roots, to our heritage and let's let it work again.
I have been quiet in my views. Why? Because what good does it do to criticize or blame? I tried expressing my view points to another once and truly my view points were NOT respected at all. I was belittled, I was made to feel stupid and I became afraid to speak my mind. However, after hearing about the send off Pres. Bush was given, I decided anyone who would disrespect a man (whether you agree or not with him) who has served our country for 8 years, who sacrificed his family, his time and for heaven sakes, was the President, deserved more graciousness than what he was given. I hope those who participated in that send off, feel bad. That kind of send off should stay where it started, the high school gym, not for the President.
As a small business owner, I am grateful for the freedoms America brings. Only in this land could my husband and I work hard and start a business from our sweat and our prayers. I am fearful for the "spreading of the wealth" idea. Looking at what my taxes and health care will jump to under this new proposed plan, I see that we will not be able to keep our company as it is. I feel badly for the families that will have a father jobless because our company couldn't pay the taxes and health care to keep their daddies on the payroll. I have the house I have because of saving, not because I made a lot. For 11 years of my marriage we lived like a starving college student so we could have my house. In fact, we bought it before we had really started our company. Sure, we make a lot more today than we did back then, but my husband also works more and we have a lot more invested. This week alone he has worked past midnight every night but one. He does this for security. Any extra the company makes stays in the company so we don't have to take out loans for payroll etc. I am afraid, that extra money will be gone if his plan goes in. Hopefully, my feelings will be wrong and what he has proposed will help rather than hurt us. I am so wary that the small businessman who makes up America will be wiped off the map. I live on a street with 28 homes. Twenty of them are small business owners. I have already seen two fold. I have watched as they have laid off 13 employees. I have watched those men worry over their former employees and what will become of their own families. I see the other small businessmen, holding on for dear life, just like we are.
I hope no one is angry at me. I have listened and listened to everyone else's views and have been afraid to express my own feelings and fears. Now I have done so. Please respect them. If you don't like them, then don't comment. Maybe my worries will be for nothing. I hope so. My bottom line is....God bless America and every person who dwells here.
**UPDATE/DISCLAIMER: Apparently a few employees of ours read the blog. Yeah! I am glad you do, but I didn't mean to scare you. I was just expressing thoughts and feelings. This doesn't mean your jobs are in jeapordy, it means you have a boss who is watchful, cautious, concerned and careful. He is looking to the future. Certainly we have talked about the "What ifs". We have to. It helps us be prepared.
I look forward to what the new President will bring. He has brought a renewed interest in government. I think that is great. I think it is terrific America looked past race and he was voted in. I think it shows what I have always believed that the majority of America let race go a long time ago, despite the complaints we still hear. I look forward to seeing our new President succeed.
However, my optimism doesn't come without concern. I am worried about change. What about the return to our founding fathers? What about a return to what made America great? What about a return to values and hard work? It worked once. It could work again.
When I went to China to get my baby, I saw a country that has been in existence for 1000's of years. But I saw a country that was still, really in many areas, like we were in the 50's. I thought of America who has been in existence for 100s of years and how we have become so big, so profitable, the place where many want to come to find success, because in their country it doesn't come. I know that we grew in just a handful of years, to what we are now, because of the founding fathers. Because of the freedom, because of the opportunity to make something of yourself, because of hard work, because of values, because our country was designed around LIFE, LIBERTY, PROPERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. They are rights that the founding fathers never wanted taken away. We have fallen from those views, those values, those principles in that last few decades. We are struggling today because we HAVE FORGOTTEN who we are. To me, it isn't change we need. What we have, worked once, lets just return to our roots, to our heritage and let's let it work again.
I have been quiet in my views. Why? Because what good does it do to criticize or blame? I tried expressing my view points to another once and truly my view points were NOT respected at all. I was belittled, I was made to feel stupid and I became afraid to speak my mind. However, after hearing about the send off Pres. Bush was given, I decided anyone who would disrespect a man (whether you agree or not with him) who has served our country for 8 years, who sacrificed his family, his time and for heaven sakes, was the President, deserved more graciousness than what he was given. I hope those who participated in that send off, feel bad. That kind of send off should stay where it started, the high school gym, not for the President.
As a small business owner, I am grateful for the freedoms America brings. Only in this land could my husband and I work hard and start a business from our sweat and our prayers. I am fearful for the "spreading of the wealth" idea. Looking at what my taxes and health care will jump to under this new proposed plan, I see that we will not be able to keep our company as it is. I feel badly for the families that will have a father jobless because our company couldn't pay the taxes and health care to keep their daddies on the payroll. I have the house I have because of saving, not because I made a lot. For 11 years of my marriage we lived like a starving college student so we could have my house. In fact, we bought it before we had really started our company. Sure, we make a lot more today than we did back then, but my husband also works more and we have a lot more invested. This week alone he has worked past midnight every night but one. He does this for security. Any extra the company makes stays in the company so we don't have to take out loans for payroll etc. I am afraid, that extra money will be gone if his plan goes in. Hopefully, my feelings will be wrong and what he has proposed will help rather than hurt us. I am so wary that the small businessman who makes up America will be wiped off the map. I live on a street with 28 homes. Twenty of them are small business owners. I have already seen two fold. I have watched as they have laid off 13 employees. I have watched those men worry over their former employees and what will become of their own families. I see the other small businessmen, holding on for dear life, just like we are.
I hope no one is angry at me. I have listened and listened to everyone else's views and have been afraid to express my own feelings and fears. Now I have done so. Please respect them. If you don't like them, then don't comment. Maybe my worries will be for nothing. I hope so. My bottom line is....God bless America and every person who dwells here.
**UPDATE/DISCLAIMER: Apparently a few employees of ours read the blog. Yeah! I am glad you do, but I didn't mean to scare you. I was just expressing thoughts and feelings. This doesn't mean your jobs are in jeapordy, it means you have a boss who is watchful, cautious, concerned and careful. He is looking to the future. Certainly we have talked about the "What ifs". We have to. It helps us be prepared.
Comments