Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Em and its been two years.

We traveled to China with the Passey's. What a blessing to be with them. We got home from China on March 29 and Em celebrated her 1st birthday on April 14. We went to their house for her birthday that first year. Here are some pictures. The one on the slide is when the girls were two. Cute little sweethearts, aren't they? Last night we went to the Passey's for an early celebration for Emily. She is turning "Fee" as Maylin would say. Check out how they have grown. New photos at bottom. 
 
 































Posted by Picasa


We had such a great time. The girls actually PLAYED TOGETHER. Not the parallel play they often do at this age. They interacted, chased each other, played games and shared. Ooohhh, I wish they lived closer. Can you believe how they have grown?! They are not babies anymore, but girls that know just what they want


I also wanted to give a quick food storage tip...I have slacked since the Mexico trip. So here is one:
One person's year supply will fit under a twin bed. That kind of gives you an idea on how much. Remember that heat and moisture can distory your food so keep it inside your home.

Start with a 3-month supply. Start by storing what you eat everyday. When you go grocery shopping pick up an extra can or two of what you were already buying and add it in.

I made a list of 10 meals that we eat on a regular basis. I figured if we ate each meal 3 times a month, that would fill 30 days worth of dinners. I also did 3 breakfasts. It gives you a starting point and helps you make a list.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the food storage advice. We need to do more! I loved getting the girls together. It was like celebrating with family. I wish we lived closer as well. Hopefully they will always stay friends!
This is us. said…
Post your dinners. I would love to see what your menu idea is for a 3 month.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...