Skip to main content

Let me guess. She's three.

Jay and I went on a "date." If you could call it that. We went to the mall to get several gifts for baby, wedding etc. I also wanted to look for a skirt. We had to take Maylin. No one of age at our house was at home. Instead of us doing what we wanted, the little girl with black hair took over. We didn't mind at first because she is so cute and it was fun to watch what she would come up with, but after an evening of it....not so cute.

This girl loves to shop. I think we are in trouble. At the mall she asked and then demanded and then ran off to the escalators so she ride them. After several trips up and down she was ready to move on. She spotted a shoe store first. She darted to it and tried on TONS of shoes. Mind you the only shoes she picked to try on were the ones with 4 inch stiletto heels that were BRIGHTLY colored with some funky pattern or wild shine or some gadget on the toe.

When she tired of that she hit a jewelry store and several clothing stores that had "my size" as she would say. She picked out multiple outfits and told daddy they were her size and we should buy them. We didn't buy any and she didn't like that fact at all! I think the place that pushed it to not being cute anymore was when I finally went in to a store that had my size. She started taking things off the rack and then told Jay and I to sit down in the chairs by the fitting rooms. She went in a stall herself and came out with several outfits on (that are my size) and modeled them in the mirror.

To sum it all up, a lady that had been watching or laughing at us since we walked into the store, said to us, "Let me guess. She's three." Yep. She's 3. I poo poo that terrible two thing. Never had a terrible two, but that three thing, now, that is a different story. Being 3 is SO MUCH about finding independence, telling others what to do, and having to do EVERYTHING by ones self. I find it exhausting.

Here are some pictures of us on Saturday as we worked in the yard moving bark. They show her 3 attitude perfectly.
 

 
Posted by Picasa


And congrats to my friend Paul, Mrs Nelson and Sam for running a local marathon!!! We are proud to know you especially to Paul, who is an amazing story of life and diligence. He was diagnosed and had treatment for Prostate Cancer last year. To see him run, is a testament that we should never give up.

Also, Jay worked all day Saturday. He got home at 1 a.m. He left his laptop in the locked car. He always brings it in. But that night, he was so tired he forgot. Needless to say the next morning on our way to church we found his window smashed and the laptop gone. Just our luck.

Comments

Glenda said…
What is it about your driveway and computers....Maybe they will find the culprit.
I think Maylin is darling...I also think her shopaholic attitude is DANGEROUS! Have fun with that!
Oh just wait, 3 gets even better. Look at what Miss Talicee does. My oldest son said yesterday. No wonder mom is in a bad mood when we get home, she has had to deal with THIS all day. Gotta love them anyway. LOL
Valorie said…
My kids were always their toughest when they were three too....I agree with you there. Funny story about the shopping, send her down this way, that's my favorite thing to do and since I don't like "my size" we can shop for hers! Sorry about the laptop....
I have a house-full of Maylin's and NONE of them are 3! Thus, I am enjoying my 2-year-old Kai :)

I loved the comment you made on my blog about our chicken. This is the comment I made back to you (I never know if people check back to see if I comment again anyway...):

Laurel, you are so right. I wish we had a reality camera rolling for the whole event: getting home from church at noon, the kids scrambling to get something to eat, Maddie's panic over finding the dying chicken, Pearl and Grace walking home from church so arriving home hot, tired, and greeted by neighborhood kids telling them of our exciting news, digging the hole in the heat- starting out in church clothes and ending up in shorts, the confusion over which chicken had actually died...I could go on and on!

Beside the bb gun part...the whole thing IS pretty comical. Thanks for reminding me of how funny our days are around here!

Love
Kim
M3 said…
Oh man, I am so sorry about your car/laptop. That stinks.
Lisa~~ said…
Your girl has always had attitude but it's so stinkin' cute!
Anonymous said…
Wow..good luck with the three year. It makes me smile and empathize with you at the same time. "Emmy own" and "do it myself" rule :) Hang in there. Sorry about the laptop. Let's get together this summer!
Anonymous said…
Wow, sorry about the laptop!

Maylin is Cute with a capital C and Trouble with a capital T - of course because she is 3!
Shauna said…
Oh yes, love that 3 year old stage! :) I will take a two year old any day!
Claudia said…
Wow, the laptop thief is still at it, huh? (Man, sometimes I still miss my computer!!) Sorry about that. As for Maylin...Yowsers! She certianly has a mind of her own!
grandma GiGI said…
If you think 3 is bad what do you think 13 will be? She's something else. We love her !
Dione said…
I'm gonna have to agree with both you and Grandma GiGi 3 AND 13! Whew! Maylin probably has the biggest personality for the littlest girl I've ever known!
The Stanley's said…
Maylin is a doll. I love it.
I am very concerned about all of the stealing going on. We know a guy who has had three GPS' in a row stolen from his truck. I guess we need to lock things up tight and take our valuables in the house. Too bad for whoever tries to take anything out of my car.
All they'll find is old french fries.....

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...