Skip to main content

Weekend happenings

Its raining, again. There was a lot of yard work planned for today, but with the rain we have taken our chores inside. Jay worked on a leaky faucet and cleaned his bathroom. Its the first time he has cleaned a bathroom in 9 years. I did laundry, the kids did their assigned jobs and Maylin took to feeding herself since we all were busy. She was so cute drinking right from the carton! She has also spent her day telling all of us what Jesus said. For example, "Mom, Jesus said I can ride a horsey." "Jesus said I can go to school." There is also a picture of Maylin's perferred riding style. She loves standing straight on Jay's shoulders. Its been a good day.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Dione said…
Jay looks so tired in that picture! Just thinking about scrubbing a bathroom exhausts me!
grandma GiGI said…
it's rained here all day too. I made an angel food cake that failed and a batch of strawberry jam that failed...gosh! I just keep getting better! I cleaned bathrooms today too. Dad ironed three shirts while I cleaned the angel food cake off the oven. Great day!
Anonymous said…
Yeah for Jay for cleaning the bathroom. I'll pass that along here:) Cute pictures of Maylin drinking from the carton...how do they figure it out. That is funny that she can do whatever she wants if "Jesus wants her to do it"
hooli said…
she's killing me with the chocolate milk. seriously, funny!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...